ok so the itouch and iphone are looking nice now....
Jul 14, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 48
I'd consider the Touch if it reaches more than 100GB (most probably end of next year). Hopefully by then they should be an app which plays FLAC. Rockbox where are you when we need you!? I do hope they're working on an app for the Touch/iPhone. The iPhone is not worth its $809AUD price unlocked. I'd rather get an HTC Diamond!

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #18 of 48
i know it is everyone's least favourite opinion but you could just choose a non-open source lossless to convert to. however, im sure there will be a way to play flac in less than 3 months on this thing. but 100gb i am quite unsure of. actually, i am rather uncertain that i see the need for it either.

but then i am an old timer who used to carry one or two cassetts around all day and then when md came about 7 or 8 tops of those.

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remote really is FANTASTIC. I sat all saturday evening listening to music on my lounge stereo controlled from the sofa via remote on my 2.0 touch. The best app on the ipod touch I've used so far and that includes all the jailbreak apps I've tried!

I am really excited about this feature. How do you control the volume remotely? Can the Touch do that or do you need another remote for your amp or powered speakers?

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #20 of 48
they should have a flac player soon and that makes me happy. once we have that then Im gonna really want it. not to mention VLC has the ability to stream music from a shared hdd... which is plain awesome.

Jul 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really excited about this feature. How do you control the volume remotely? Can the Touch do that or do you need another remote for your amp or powered speakers?

The new "Remote" App lets you control iTunes on your computer and access your iTunes Library like it's on your iPod Touch except its played on your computer.

There is VLC4iPhone right now being developed and you can stream audio files, not sure about accessing a server though.

Check out this thread for more info:

vlc4iphone v0.9.5 Beta - Better media support, streaming media over net, and more! - ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew

OH and I can't believe I'm saying this but i love my iPod
biggrin.gif
LOL I was one of those Apple haters before but after using my Touch I just can't believe the amount of useful applications I have used my Touch for. It's just extremely convenient to be able to access the internet anywhere and some of the Jailbreak Apps are just amazing
smily_headphones1.gif
The SQ isn't bad out of the LOD too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #22 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new "Remote" App lets you control iTunes on your computer and access your iTunes Library like it's on your iPod Touch except its played on your computer.

Thanks for the info, but that doesn't answer my question, which is... can you control the volume remotely via the Touch/iTunes or do you need to do that on the speakers/amp?

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #25 of 48
Well the beta is already released, it's just not up to normal performance standards (10-14 fps on some videos). Oh sorry, I did forget to answer your question
smily_headphones1.gif
It does control audio. Your whole iTunes library basically becomes your iPod Library, you can do anything to it you can do to your iPod Music Library, which includes adjusting volume.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #27 of 48
100gb is doubtful for a couple of years. for many reasons. what i am waiting on is a proper ssd for my extreme slot on mbp. then, i would build osx on it and dual boot on that badboy for gaming on xp and the internal disk only for music. and other files i am saving.. looking forward to it

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #28 of 48
my dream: get all my favorite tracks from all my CDs and convert from flac to ogg or mp3. then put those on the touch. have all my flac collection readily available on a networked hdd that I can access wirelessly from the touch via vlc or something.
stream whatever I want to the touch when I am at home and outside of my home have instant access to my favorite songs. BONUS: at any hotspot log into networked hdd and play songs through the net.... likely not possible
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #29 of 48
you could of course use alac if you will be with ipod but i see the reason for flac: more of a universal standard rather than proprietary codec. still, flac is only supported by companies who really don't want to put money into supporting the industry standards: aac and mp3. there are actually players that do not support mp3 as it is 'too costly'

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #30 of 48
I'm just wondering if VLC will allow DivX/XviD playback on the Touch without conversion. Now THAT would make it all worth while!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back