Ok, ive decided to finally bite the bullet.
Mar 16, 2006 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

joostoo

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so after some time, ive decided to stop beating around the bush and recreate the boards i designed in expresspcb in eagle so they can made at other places.

i also managed to put one board (just my cmoy for now) into gerber files to be made at places. now here's my question.

Where do you think is a good place to get pcbs done professionally, FOR SMALL RUNS (eg: tops 5 boards).

I was thinking about accutrace or ap circuits, but they seemed more geared towards larger orders (my single sided cmoy board with 65 holes, 1.95x1.35inches, with sodlermask and silkscreen wouldve costed $185 with a 4 week wait, $212 with a 3 day wait at accutrace)

so far the best prices ive seen for small runs is www.pcbfabexpress.com. $13.00 per unit with a min. order of 5 boards, including soldermask and silkscreen. has anyone used this place with good results?

i was thinking about olimex, but having them out of the country and having flakey quality turned me off. samething goes for custompcb.

btw, sorry if the title of the thread seemed kinda misleading lol.

thnx alot!

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 3
You can get online quotes from most places, the two that I use most often are 4pcb.com and pcbnet.com. I like pcbnet best as their prices are usually better as well as the quality of the board. But I can't say that I've ever tried to order less than 10 boards.

But dealing with the small quantities that you are it's going to be difficult to beat that price you mentioned above.

Best of luck,

Nate

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 3
thnx. pcbnet.com has that introductory offer of $25 for a 2 sided board. thats great, but what if i want service with them later? then i pay full price.
frown.gif

yes, that price is great. it seems almost too great, thats why im wondering if anyone has used them, just to get a second opinion. i searched the forums for them and it seems that the thread relating to the millet hyrbid amp (the thread is locked now) discussed pcbfab on the first page. i guess they're pretty good
biggrin.gif

EDIT: actually n_maher, it seems you started that thread
biggrin.gif
and you said you contacted them, too. did they seem nice and stuff? i dont know if you guys eventually ordered from them, too long of a thread to read lol.

heres the thread:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=pcbfabexpress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back