OK Down to Final 2 choices. lets get some advice
Feb 5, 2010 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

cck5

500+ Head-Fier
RSA tomahawk VS. Corda headsix

paired with ipod-lod and Grado225I, i listen to mainly rock music.

which is gonna give me the best sound.??

help me guys

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 44
for home use? A headamp gilmore lite or a diy m3 or ppa would be a better choice than either of those amps, in my opinion.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 44
Perhaps you're confusing the M3, which is a home amp, with something else, because neither of these amps is anywhere near as capable as the M3.

Beyond that, good luck with your decision.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 44
oo i thought you mean mini3.
and no it needs to be portable. and around 200 used.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oo i thought you mean mini3.

I'd still say you were ignoring a competitive amp even if you were thinking the mini³. Don't let the $100 price fool you, unless you just don't want to own a DIY amp (which is an understandable position).

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 44
Add to the above - the best advice I can give is to wait a month, go to the NYC Head-Fi meet and find something you like with your own ears.

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #8 of 44
i dont really know if ill be able to make that, considering iven ever used an amp, i think either of those above will add a decent qualilty and added enjoyment to my headphones.

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 44
Take a look at the Headstage Arrow as it's $200-> $250 new (depending on options) and is an exceptionally portable, adjustable and great sounding amp. One of the best I've owned/heard (and I've heard quite a few)
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #10 of 44
I am going to have the RSA Tomahawk by Tuesday if you can wait that long and I'll give you some info. (mind you it won't be burned in
smily_headphones1.gif
)
But yea.... the RSA Tomahawk is a great amp..... weren't the Shure IEMs used when making it? I read that somewhere in another topic but I'm not too sure.

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #11 of 44
You're ignoring the advice of some of the most knowledgeable people in the hobby. And the NYC meet would really open your eyes (and ears), and is worth taking the time to go to.

But hey, it's your money after all.

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #12 of 44
It's cool, he's just another one of those guys that doesn't want good advice. He just want's confirmation on the choices he's already settled on.

How he's settled on them without ever hearing a headphone amp is beyond me, but that seems to be more and more common these days. Apparently we've been doing it wrong by trusting our own ears all this time.

Maybe flipping a coin is the best way for you to proceed.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #13 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RSA tomahawk VS. Corda headsix

paired with ipod-lod and Grado225I, i listen to mainly rock music.

which is gonna give me the best sound.??

help me guys

What criteria did you use to narrow your choices to those two?

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Add to the above - the best advice I can give is to wait a month, go to the NYC Head-Fi meet and find something you like with your own ears.

When someone with this much experience here goes to the trouble of making a suggestion, it would be wise to listen. There are many contenders out there now and some of the best amps are not always the ones with the longest "thread count".

Quote:

I might be crazy, but if you can get a new amp that performs every bit as well for the same $200, why decide you are getting a used amp before doing the listening (or taking advice from some of the more knowledgeable members)?

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 44
first of all, you all are talkin a massive amount of garbage I personally messaged heasdphone addict, whos responsible for reviewing almost every single amp out and there and asked him of his opinion in different price ranges, as well as many others on the board. i was told the headsix is an amazing amp and for the money cant be beaten. as well i still havent purchased anything... who am i ignoring??? just because i dont want a diy amp, doesnt mean im ignoring anyone. i just dont want a diy amp, i want something of high quality not diy. i dont see any1 complaining about RSA amps, because they are exceptional in many peoples eyes, as well as corda amps. why not go with something thats well liked by many?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back