OK call me stupid! How do I create WAV files from CDs to input into FLAC?
Jul 15, 2004 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

shaneajohnson

New Head-Fier
OK call me stupid! How do I create WAV files from CDs to input into FLAC? Is there a free program out there to do this? Are there any lossless codec programs that go straight from CD to outputted lossless file? Thanks very much.

Jul 15, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 7
Exact audio is the best (unless you have a plextor drive). You can set it up for flac and other lossless formats I think. Go to hydrogenaudio for help setting it up. Dbpoweramp will go straight to various forms of lossless and will be easier, but is unlikely to be as good as EAC.

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR
Exact audio is the best (unless you have a plextor drive). You can set it up for flac and other lossless formats I think. Go to hydrogenaudio for help setting it up. Dbpoweramp will go straight to various forms of lossless and will be easier, but is unlikely to be as good as EAC.

I have a plextor dvd writer and have been using EAC. Is there some problem with this... or is it just that there's a better solution out there? This is the first I've heard of this issue.

Jul 15, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 7
With Plextor drives you can use the bundled PlexTools software to rip discs. It's suppost to have better error correction than even EAC. Plextor drives will work just fine with EAC but you just can't use them to their full capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back