Ohio
Oct 16, 2002 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 36
Considering the very few Ohio people on the board, I'm not sure it matters.
smily_headphones1.gif
It would have to be an all Ohio meet to make it worthwhile. I'm going to be in Dayton, so either Cinci or Columbus would work for me. Or Dayton, of course.

May 15, 2003 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 36
I'm also from the Detroit area, and would be interested in attending if it were near Cincinnati. I have a buddy there who I could visit while I was in town.

May 17, 2003 at 7:23 PM Post #10 of 36
We had great success in our Detroit meet at Wadia. It was an opportunity for anyone who participated to see not only the gear that was brought, but also the Wadia gear (which is some of the best gear available at any price). I know that the NY folks are also looking forward to their meet at Grado.

Is there an audio manufacturer in OH who might (if approached by the right parties) be willing to host such an event?

May 17, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #11 of 36
That's a good question -- I can't really think of a manfacturer. Perhaps some research is in order. I would have come to the meet in Ann Arbor, especially having gone to UM as an undergrad -- but it was on a weekday!
mad.gif

May 17, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236
That's a good question -- I can't really think of a manfacturer. Perhaps some research is in order. I would have come to the meet in Ann Arbor, especially having gone to UM as an undergrad -- but it was on a weekday!
mad.gif

This is potentially the fly in the ointment regarding meets that are held at the site of an audio manufacturer. While our Detroit meet was, IMHO, an excellent meet, I know that a few folks who would have liked to come didn't make it because it was on a weekday.

I personally come down in favor of doing it on a weekday, if it means having an opportunity like we had - listening to some of the best source gear on the planet. There are pluses and minuses to doing it this way...

Just my $.02....sorry that you couldn't make it.

May 21, 2003 at 12:57 AM Post #15 of 36
over the summer, pretty much any day would work quite well. It's just the matter of driving too far. What part of ohio are most of you guys located at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back