Ohh HFI780 how I missed thee and didn't even know it
Oct 29, 2008 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dr13zehn

100+ Head-Fier
So lately it's been pretty much exclusively Sansa Clip --> SE530 for me, since I simply have not had any real opportunities to sit and relax at home with my HFI780s (new business and headaches that result from that are the main reason).

Tonight I was really in the mood to take out my trusty HFI780s and have some fun.
I let loose 'The Prodigy' and... Holy crap... Can't stop smiling! I almost completely forgot how much "fun" these cans are.
Yes, many will argue "but 13, the bass is all over the place and the highs are fatiguing... The mids... the comfort... etc. etc..."
However, taking all this into account there is no denying that these cans will make you jump around your room with a big smile on your face, looking like an idiot to the neighbors seeing you through your windows. And is that not why we all do this whole music thing in the first place?

If you're hoping for a point, there isn't really one, except that everyone should have a listen to these puppies if they haven't yet. For under $200 on some sites, these give you an insane bang for your buck.

Thanks for reading my late night ramblings... Sorry I wasted your time.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 4

Antony L

100+ Head-Fier
every post of my short headfi time has been raving about these , so i understand what your saying but im not getting the harshness (maybe due to the fiio) or the bass problems just so so pleased that i chose these (thanks to head fi ) cant wait for my last shift then 4 days with my utrasones and afew beers (sound even better after afew drinks)
regular_smile .gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #4 of 4

Foe-hammer

100+ Head-Fier
I agree that they sounded good, but they were too uncomfortable for me - hurt my outer ear. Plus the soundstage is rather small.

Users who are viewing this thread