Oh The Pain
Jul 12, 2002 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Fizzmix

100+ Head-Fier
Whenever I wear my Grado 325s for more than half an hour, my head hurts right at the apex of the headband. It feels like 25 pounds of pressure right at the top of my head. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

~!~ Fizzmix ~!~

Jul 12, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 9
I think this a new one! Usually it's the ears...
Try dropping the drivers so that there's less pressure on your head?
If not I would try to get some foam and silicone it to the headband...if it doesn't work, the silicone will peel off
I have been actually thinking about this mod, just haven't found the right foam yet.
luck to you,
md

Jul 12, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 9
After posting this, I started thinking about uh...shoulder straps from bags.
Some of them are snap on and off too..like your post hirsch...
(edit)I mean you could use those shoulder strap things on your cans.
md

Jul 12, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #6 of 9
Hmm, i have this one mod in mind, but i can't remember what it was called. Well anyways, it was this pad that would clip onto the headband of your Grados, and it would have cushioning where the headband would sit on your head. I've read it on this forum a while back, so i KNOW it exists. I remember that they pointed a link to Ebay, and that you could buy it there. Hopefully someobody can help us all out with this?

Jul 12, 2002 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 9
Strangely I got this pain on the top of my head as well all along with any headphone, from the super lightweight Sony MDR-A44 vertical in ear 'phones right up to the R10s and HP-1000s. Any headphone I use over an hour will eventually feel as if its trying to burn a hole through my head. Is this just me having a sensitive scalp or something?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back