Oh snap! My dream computer is here
Feb 28, 2006 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been waiting for this for a while, and now I'm drooling over one, especially if I can get a dual layer DVD capable burning superdrive with it: the Intel Core Duo Mac Mini! See here:
http://www.apple.com/macmini/

I found out about just minutes ago from Yahoo news, which also had coverage on a new iPod based HiFi stereo system, here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060228/tc_nm/apple_dc

I think I can finally ditch Windows altogether now, and go for decent computer for a change. Now if there's some way to have it interface with a Karma (does RMM Lite do this?) and run emulators, I'm set for life
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
800 bucks for a 1.6 ghz dual core CPU, 512 megs of RAM, and intel integrated graphics? I'll stick with my self built AMD rig, thanks.

It is nice and small though.

Keep in mind though, that as a Mac it's way faster than the numbers imply as they would in PC form- things are more effecient and effortless. Originally I was going to build an Athlon64 based system with 2GB's of RAM and an ATi Radeon 9800 pro graphics card, all in a Biostar iDEQ 210P chassis, but I scrapped that idea the second this thing hit. Since I don't play PC games outside of emulation, it is that much more drool worthy for me. Of course, for now I'm stuck with my dungbox of a crappy PC, with a whopping 384MB RAM, 750mhz PIII processor, and 15+30GB hard drives
frown.gif
, and I'm torn between the dream Mac and the camera kit I want, which will end up costing me the same either way.

580smile.gif
Abe

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 6
True, but the same goes for AMD CPUs. And you can avoid all the bloatware that people tend to put on Windows computers. Now, camera or mac, that would be a hard choice for me...

quick, lets kill the apple vs windows arguement before it gets any worse!
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Since Apple is probably going to be offering Blu*Ray and/or HD-DVD drives later this year, I'd wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back