oh my... fight night round 3 on Xbox 360
Mar 24, 2006 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
this is the best looking video game I have ever seen so far.

I was strolling through frys electronics and found a demo station with the fight night game playing on the 360.

Has anyone seen this game in action? Its mind blowing. If I had the money, I would have bought the 360 on the spot just for that game.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 16
considering my first game system was an atari 2600,
Its quite astounding to see how games have come along since then.

arcade games like street fighter II, I used to think had very good graphics. Then something like fight nigh 3 on the 360 comes around and truely blows graphics and realism to a new level.

I didnt see a large jump between the xbox ps2 and dreamcast units. and the prior systems like n64 and Ps1 didnt have graphics too far behind those.

but man.. fight night 3 is the first time Ive seen a console truly take a system to the next level by a landslide.

Mar 24, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
I WANT TO PLAY THIS. LET ME COME OVER TO SOMEONE'S HOUSE.

HEH.

It's pretty frustrating how you play an entire round, play very consistently, land more punches (seem to score more points) yet the other guy keeps winning on XBox live. The single player is a joke it's so easy and the Live forum leaves much to be desired. The graphics are great though
icon10.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 16
I saw it playing on an Xbox (not 360) connected to a cheap TV that couldn't have been any more than 8", and I was still amazed. Plus, it's a great multiplayer game. I'm very tempted to pick it up sometime in the near future.

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #9 of 16
I've been playing a lot of this game. Its a lot of fun and yes the graphics are pretty amazing. I think its just the beginning of what the 360 has as far as its potential is concerned.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #11 of 16
You guys are depressing me...I want a 360 so badly. I wanna get on live and play hockey. My buddy has one and I'm over there at least 2 nights a week. I'm considering selling my iPod to help fund one.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #12 of 16
This afternoon I just mucked around with 360 connected to an HDTV at my local electronic shop, playing Project Gotham Rally.

They are good but I think high-end PCs will have better graphic than that, no?

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:02 AM Post #13 of 16
Career mode is so easy though, the AI is sorta dumb, just do low haymakers and thrown in a few reg higher punches non-stop and it's over. The AI doesn't really block low haymakers for some reason. The best time to play it is with friends over. It's always so funny with the slow mo knockouts.

Mar 25, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
You guys are depressing me...I want a 360 so badly. I wanna get on live and play hockey. My buddy has one and I'm over there at least 2 nights a week. I'm considering selling my iPod to help fund one.

Don't do it! Just go over to play. I spent 30mins at bestbuy yesterday playing madden
tongue.gif

Think that although the graphics look awesome and all, the game selection is quite pathetic.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #15 of 16
I'm not sure too. I haven't played any good games lately. Always bored halfway through... I want some great gameplay and story... So a good graphic can only do so much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back