Offline capable DAP for Tidal MQA
Jul 29, 2018 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ThEvil0nE

Headphoneus Supremus
It's been a very long while since my last post (years) and am glad my account is still active.

Anyway, like the topic states, I am looking for a DAP that supports Tidal MQA and offline playing so expandable card storage is a huge plus.

Lastly, it will be paired with my recently acquired DSR9BT so a DAP that would best exploit the headphone's capabilities is a must.

Need DAP on my hands before August ends (28th to be specific) for my long awaited 2 month vacation in Asia.

Thank you

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 7
Afaik, no dedicated DAPs are yet capable of that but I believe the LG V30 / V35 is currently the only device that can do offline MQA.
So chances are I have to get a new phone just for the feature which I will be fine with as I've been meaning to get an android phone anyway. Looking into the V35, I can see that this is an ATT exclusive and T-Mo has the G7. I'm leaning towards T-Mo as it's an easier carrier to take with in other countries (I have ATT and T-Mo business accts).

So is the G7 similar internally as the V35 in terms of chipsets and capable to do offline MQA ?

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 7
that thing won't work for tidal offline, it's a streamer only. i've looked into this extensively and the only daps that work will be an android based ones, none of the custom OS stuff works.

AK is claiming that in the next month or so their top tier players, or at least the SE100 and up, will allow for Tidal and other streamers to be in offline mode, since you'll be able to side load them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back