Official: Zune HD
May 29, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #48 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by penartur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if it will be 128MB (yes, MB, not GB) SSD?

ssd= solid state hard drive
sandisk32gbssd.jpg

May 29, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #50 of 74
Quote:

ssd= solid state hard drive

The words doesn't say anything SSD could be 512GB and could be 128MB. You should mention that you want from it to be not only solid-state, but with acceptable capacity as well
wink.gif

But you're saying "i'll be happy if the new player will be based on the flash memory instead of hdd". Then why you haven't bought one of this zune 16 yet?
wink.gif

May 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #53 of 74
This will be a very interesting release. MS has a lot to prove. They have something to prove. Also a lot on the line if they fail to do so. I'm very much looking forward to the release of this product to see how it compares to other DAPs that are available. Even more so with the niche market of audiophiles. For such a huge company that dominates desktops, they are sort of the underdog in DAPs.

May 31, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #55 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by eroarex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i believe i've read somewhere that ms is going to release this zune worldwide
biggrin.gif

although ms is a little bit late after cowon, sony, and apple
confused_face.gif

Hmmm trouble is how is the HD radio (thats its named after) going to work outside the US?

We all have different digital radio standards outside the US (DAB/DAB+ etc.).

So will it be called Zune DAB in Europe? Plus DAB is a total turd and sucks battery like no tomorrow.

I think digital radio is a bad idea. Its not even HD.

I really dont think this one is going worldwide either.
angry_face.gif

Big mistake.

May 31, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #56 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want a high-capacity portable player with high quality and/or a digital audio out. Is that so much too ask?

i'm afraid it is.... :-/

May 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #57 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtype2011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Microsoft confirms Zune HD coming this fall | Beyond Binary - CNET News

Gizmodo - Zune HD Is Real, Has Multitouch Web Browsing, OLED Screen and HD Video - Zune

Looks interesting, even though many "hard" specs haven't been released as of yet (battery life, for example). I really like the design...I just hope this thing doesn't kick after about a year of normal use like my old 30GB -_-

Looks like a sweet model. Though I bet it's gonna cost upwards of $200 when it comes out, though.

May 31, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #58 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want a high-capacity portable player with high quality and/or a digital audio out. Is that so much too ask?

I'm in the same boat except mine is even simpler I want a high capacity device with an EQ. MS really messed up by removing the EQ in the last two hard drive model zunes

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #59 of 74
I just picked up a 32GB Zune HD and I am very impressed. Sound wise I am not sure yet, it is pretty close to my S9 IMO. But wow what an amazing device the flow of the OS is amazing. I am actually surprised I have not seen more talk about the Zune HD on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back