Official: Zune HD
May 28, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #31 of 74
My Zune HD
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1Ghz
- 256MB RAM (norm for PPC)
- 256MB ROM (norm for PPC)
- 3.5in nHD 640*360 OLED touchscreen (standard resolution for Symbian S60v5)
- New Zune interface based on WinMo 6.5
- SATA port for 2.5in drive (256GB SSD, anyone?)
- usb3.0, wireless G and bluetooth (for bluetooth QWERTY keyboard)
- headphone out, optical out
- 28hours audio/8hours video on fuelcell (let's be realistic :p)
- dimension a little thicker than old Zune

But then Zune HD spec already finalized by now and nowhere near those spec...

May 28, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #32 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More like 2020, seems NO ONE will EVER make a high capacity, good sounding DAP with an EQ.

800$ goes to the first company that makes a touch device with the same feature set as the ZuneHD with 120-240 GB of storage, and has a full EQ and great audio quality.

Why oh Why are we getting stuck with less and less storage space even though technology is supposedly getting better. Sick and tired of regressing.

Get a netbook.

May 28, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #33 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would so buy a zune if it had digital out. screw ipod!
tongue.gif

Yeah, absolutely agree.

Sorry to be stupid, but what separates HD radio from standard radio?

May 28, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #34 of 74
Kudos MS for bringing HD Radio to the masses. Also, like the HD output capabilities, though am disappointed with the docking station requirement. If I want to bring my HD content when I'm travelling and want to project onto an HDTV, I have to add a docking station to my already overloaded carry-on bag of electronics, plugs, cables. For HD content, there needs to be a 64GB model or inclusion of an expansion slot. The bronze metal back looks nice and hopefully, it's a matte finish to reduce fingerprints. Lastly, it needs to have the headphone jack and control buttons on the top like the Sony X1000. I fear the fall launch will be too late as all the major PMP players will have their refreshed products out and the majority of consumers will not be buying multiple PMPs during this recession.

May 28, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #35 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, absolutely agree.

Sorry to be stupid, but what separates HD radio from standard radio?

The same thing that seperates HDTV from standard TV.

May 28, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #36 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreakazoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kudos MS for bringing HD Radio to the masses. Also, like the HD output capabilities, though am disappointed with the docking station requirement. If I want to bring my HD content when I'm travelling and want to project onto an HDTV, I have to add a docking station to my already overloaded carry-on bag of electronics, plugs, cables. For HD content, there needs to be a 64GB model or inclusion of an expansion slot. The bronze metal back looks nice and hopefully, it's a matte finish to reduce fingerprints. Lastly, it needs to have the headphone jack and control buttons on the top like the Sony X1000. I fear the fall launch will be too late as all the major PMP players will have their refreshed products out and the majority of consumers will not be buying multiple PMPs during this recession.

An expansion slot would increase the thickness, unfortunately. And 64GB is probably not cost effective, yet. Maybe next year.....
frown.gif

May 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

An expansion slot would increase the thickness, unfortunately. And 64GB is probably not cost effective, yet.

And HD player with memory enough only for 4 720p movies (and less than one blu-ray) is nonsense.
What the point in releasing an unusable crap just because slightly better crap is "not cost effective yet"?

May 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #42 of 74
May 29, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #43 of 74
It's a nice looking device for sure. Unfortunately flash players have hit a 32gb cap as of late. This is also true of CF and SDHC cards (at least those readily available).

I hope in the next year we'll see flash players start to get more into the range of HDD based players (30gb-160gb).

May 29, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #44 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gizmodo - Zune HD Hands On: Photos and Video Tour - Zune hd preview

If internet browser works good on that device (and fast), I WANT ONE!
I will also wait for 3rd gen itouch, but I only want it as a pda (for internet search)

I was just about to post that link
beerchug.gif

I think the interface looks very nice...lot's of eye candy and seems very responsive even though it's a prototype-

May 29, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #45 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtype2011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just about to post that link
beerchug.gif

I think the interface looks very nice...lot's of eye candy and seems very responsive even though it's a prototype-

Yea. The accelerometer is very responsive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back