Official: Zune HD
May 27, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #17 of 74
It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up to the new Touch, which we'll probably see on June 8.

Still, not a bad looking piece of hardware. Too bad it doesn't work easily with OS X or Linux.

May 27, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #18 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up to the new Touch, which we'll probably see on June 8.

Still, not a bad looking piece of hardware. Too bad it doesn't work easily with OS X or Linux.

Because that's like 5% of the Computer community compared to 95% who use Windows.

May 27, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #19 of 74
Until any of these devices get a 1 ghz processor that can actually run some type of software like live or steinberg..... meh
And i have a touch and a Zune. Also has anyone put a ssd 60gb in any of the older zunes? I know the seek times are insane and the would help also no heat and greener drive should mean longer battery life.

May 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #20 of 74
I'm very excited for HD radio included. I hope this device kicks ass.

May 27, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #21 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking the same thing regarding the new Touch; these two will probably be the heavy hitters later this year. I think the Sony flavor will be a popular niche product while the Touch and the ZHD sell like crazy-

May 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #22 of 74
Damn...I was all ready to latch onto the new Sony high-capacity DAP when it comes stateside, but now I might have to hold off until i get more hard numbers on this...I will say I'm a bit disappointed that the ZuneHD is going the way of the iTouch i.e. all touch and no tactile controls. That is one plus that is still holding me in favor of the Sony X player.

May 27, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #23 of 74
The Touch does have a volume control, outside of the touchscreen, and when you use Touch-friendly phones (ADDIEM, NE-7M, etc.), the mic/clicker works as an external control. Agree though, nice to have more external controls, but there are workarounds for the Touch. Not sure though if ZuneHD will have any workaround options or not. If none (but touchscreen), that is a major drawback for pocket/blind use.

May 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #24 of 74
Will the new zune be only flash-based?
That means that there would be only one portable high-capacity player (if apple will not drop their classics this fall)... what they're thinking about?

May 27, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #27 of 74
Lame, 32 Gb is useless for music, games, and HD video. How on earth does Ms expect to fit any decent amount of media on this device?

May 28, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #28 of 74
^^ hehe....poor man. He will be the only soul with a modded Zune 30 in 2010.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #29 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ hehe....poor man. He will be the only soul with a modded Zune 30 in 2010.
biggrin.gif

More like 2020, seems NO ONE will EVER make a high capacity, good sounding DAP with an EQ.

800$ goes to the first company that makes a touch device with the same feature set as the ZuneHD with 120-240 GB of storage, and has a full EQ and great audio quality.

Why oh Why are we getting stuck with less and less storage space even though technology is supposedly getting better. Sick and tired of regressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back