Official: Zune HD
May 27, 2009 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

Newtype2011

New Head-Fier
May 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please includes unicode character support, MS...

X2. I hate seeing question marks in place of artist/title information on some of my songs on my 80.

May 27, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 74
"The "HD" badging comes from the inclusion of HD radio and HD (720p) video-out, though the latter is available only with an optional docking station."

Hmm I wonder if it will have Digital Audio Out?

Would definitely want if it was anodized black!

And YAY for protable HD Radio

May 27, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 74
Ah!! So I finally buy a Cowon D2 and now this comes out! Damn I should have just held off...

Guess my wallets gonna be hurting more..

May 27, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #11 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by droalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it confirmed this will only be flash storage? This is dumb if it is, since video output movies will be so big.

I got this from the front page of ZuneScene.com

Chris Stephenson of the Zune team indicated the hard drive player will go on but the smaller flash players will get phased out: "Expect to see the Zune HD...become the definitive Zune product going forward. You will continue to see the hard drive product in the market. (The Zune HD) will take over from existing flash devices."

From what I get out of this, the ZuneHD is gonna replace the Flash Players thus it could only mean that the ZuneHD is flash based.

May 27, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #15 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See Sony, even Microsoft can do 720p capable player, not QVGA.

This Zune HD seems to be a very interesting move. All the specs seem to show that it has winmo 7 inside (capacitive, multi-touch).

I'm a long time WM user and I'm very pleased to see a Microsoft product with capacitive & multi-touch screen. This means that Microsoft is going in the right direction.

The ZuneHD's screen sadly comes with a low resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back