Official: Zune HD
Feb 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #62 of 74
If it had a better EQ I think it would sound just as good as my S9. I think it sounds really good with the EQ off though. I am not real familiar with DAC brands is wolfson usually poor sounding?

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #63 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it had a better EQ I think it would sound just as good as my S9. I think it sounds really good with the EQ off though.

Yea with a custom EQ this thing would sound awesome. I got my wife one and the sound quality is great, very warm and natural with a lot of good details and great stereo separation and very non fatiguing.

It's only issue is even with the EQ presets it lacks the bass impact and the vocals are recessed compared to my Zune30 with the acoustic EQ setting.

A custom EQ would fix it and still retain the great warmth of the ZuneHD.

Shame MS refuses to give us a custom EQ as the Zune community pretty much had to twist their leg for 2 years just to get the EQ presets put back.

The tegra has the horse power to run any type of DSP EQ algorithm with little battery impact.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #64 of 74
I would imagine it is coming, I am sure they didn't pay to put the tegra chip in them for no reason. They are not utilizing it like you would think they would so far though. It has room to improve but for a first gen touch device it is an excelent start. I think the UI kills the ipod touch UI, but that is personal preference.

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #65 of 74
Any one having problems with theirs? Mine will freeze up sometimes. Like when I want the change the song and the screen is off no buttons will wake it up with out pushing the power button many times.

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #67 of 74
i have it happen a few times a week and its quite annoying

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #68 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, absolutely agree.

Sorry to be stupid, but what separates HD radio from standard radio?

I believe HD radio streams music at 128kilo bit per second. While normal radio is equal to 46...?
So it is a much improvement in quality, but is nowhere made to sound or project bitperfect music to listeners.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #69 of 74
Wow I am really stuck, I just got my REO and I am compairing the sound of the HD to my S9... S9 sounds more to my liking but that is because of the EQ, I made it that way. I can't do that with the HD but if I listen to it for a while I start to really like the sound of the HD also. I wish MS would put a real freaking EQ on this little wicked player.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #71 of 74
Hm. 32 gig ipod touch, or this? I already have the ZHD and I do love it's fantastic UI and OLED.

But I prefer the SQ of the ipod touch, as well as being able to use Foobar to put in music.

Decisions, decisions...

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #72 of 74
Really you prefer the SQ of the touch? They must have came along way from the first generation that I had. You don't like the Zune software? I know a lot of people don't but I actually like it a lot for just managing my player. If I need do do anything more than that I actually use Media Monkey.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #73 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really you prefer the SQ of the touch? They must have came along way from the first generation that I had. You don't like the Zune software? I know a lot of people don't but I actually like it a lot for just managing my player. If I need do do anything more than that I actually use Media Monkey.

Well, it's all personal preferences really. But the first gen ipod touch did sound terrible. The 2nd gen ipod touch sounded great with my FX500s.

As for the Zune software, it's not horrible, but I just prefer to use foobar for my music management.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #74 of 74
You should check out Media Monkey it is a very underrated software and from what I read you can actually use it completely to manage your zune with a little tweaking. I prefer MM to foobar, it does everything foobar does with a more finished feeling to it IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back