Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion thread -- FW3.0.6 beta
Nov 2, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #91 of 297
I have a new message and bug I haven't had before in the same FW (3.04). When playing a song it says 'sorry exception occurs, application will exit'. It happens to the musicfiles that are store on the internal card. I'll try to copy them to the external SD-card to see what happens.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #92 of 297
  I have a new message and bug I haven't had before in the same FW (3.04). When playing a song it says 'sorry exception occurs, application will exit'. It happens to the musicfiles that are store on the internal card. I'll try to copy them to the external SD-card to see what happens.

It happens there as well.  I haven't figured out what triggers it but it usually happens when a song is playing and I try to do something else within the music app.

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #93 of 297
You're right, it happened on the external card as well. They are all files that were ripped from a certain date, so I will check first if the files are corrupt.
I've tried pure and android mode, without starting another proces, just playing the files. Other files are fine (though they are FLAC in stead of WAV, the ones that were imported last). Other WAV play however
confused.gif

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #94 of 297

Hi @FiiO

Yes, flac and cue file with same name in same folder. This happened with all albuns in this conditions, not a particular case.
Please consider this never happened with firmwares up to FW2.0 - Neutron didn't have a problem either with these albuns.

Unfortunately when I faced the problem in FW3.0.0, as I've decided to keep using FiiO music app, I converted ALL of these albuns to single FLAC files and deleted the originals because of space (it took me an whole day!), so I don't have them anymore - but I can take a better look or re-rip a CD again.

Anyone else with this problem? surely I'm not alone, this is a very common situation. Btw, I don't know if its already fixed in 3.0.3 since all my tracks are separated now 
confused_face.gif

Regards

Just an update, problem fixed in 3.0.4, now the scan works fine and detects all tracks.
The only minor bug that remains is the message counting "tracks added", it counts the whole album (single flac file) as "1", although there are "n" tracks.
But it displays and plays everything correctly.
My 2 cents

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #95 of 297
Not sure if this one has been reported but folder view in the fiio app doesn't display in alphabetical order.  Most are listed alphabetically but there will be strays here and there.  For instance I have several Dire Straits Albums and one of them is not in it's correct place.  I have several others that are out of place as well.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #98 of 297
Is there an OTA available for those on FW 2 yet?

According to the instructions, you need to update to one of the FW 3 versions by carefully following the included instructions and then subsequent updates are OTA.

I don't think it's possible to produce an OTA to FW 2, because of the Android update.

You are probably as well going direct to FW 3.03.  I think it's that version which enlarges the internal drive from 1GB to 2GB.  Don't forget to remove your SD card and back up your internal music, as it wipes your drive.  Then recopy the music after the update, back to your internal drive, reinsert your SD card and rescan your music.  (SEE POST 23 IN THIS THREAD FROM JHUTCHINS, WHICH REPEATS THE INFO FROM FIIO  RE THE FEATURES INCLUDED; INCLUDING HAVING TO USE THE UPGRADE TOOL)

See post number 1 in this thread from FiiO, re using the upgrade tool.  Any later updates should come via OTA, when they are released.  If you upgrade to 3.0.3 with the upgrade tool, you should receive 3.0.4 as an OTA update next time you restart your DAP.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #99 of 297
I've been using my X7 happily with the FW.3.0.1 for about a week. Today it started crashing spectacularly (without me changing anything). 
It will only play random songs from my library. it usually crashes and does the "no audio output" but within 30 seconds, and then locks up entirely and I have to hard power cycle it. I've tried rebooting, reattaching AM3 module, new SD cards, different audio players. No matter what I do it exhibits this behavior.  I can't even get any other audio players besides the FIIO one to playback anything (even though the folder/library scans find everything and add it to the library). 

I'm trying to do the firmware update on page 1, but no matter how i try to extract the ZIP it says it's incomplete/corrupt (i've downloaded multiple times and even did an md hash check). 
Anyone have any advice? 

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #100 of 297
  I've been using my X7 happily with the FW.3.0.1 for about a week. Today it started crashing spectacularly (without me changing anything). 
It will only play random songs from my library. it usually crashes and does the "no audio output" but within 30 seconds, and then locks up entirely and I have to hard power cycle it. I've tried rebooting, reattaching AM3 module, new SD cards, different audio players. No matter what I do it exhibits this behavior.  I can't even get any other audio players besides the FIIO one to playback anything (even though the folder/library scans find everything and add it to the library). 

I'm trying to do the firmware update on page 1, but no matter how i try to extract the ZIP it says it's incomplete/corrupt (i've downloaded multiple times and even did an md hash check). 
Anyone have any advice? 

Hi, DronEvil
It is no need to extract the ZIP if you are already in FW3.0.1. You can try to use another browsers to see whether it helps. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 5, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #101 of 297
Same as before. With new 3.0.6. beta I cant open my cue's. Specially if they contain special characters or Cyrillic alphabet. So half of my music collection wont open. Back to 2.0

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #102 of 297
  Updated on 2016-11-4

Beta firmware version 3.0.6 beta for the X7(Android 5.1) now available!

If your X7 is already running with FW3.0beta/FW3.0.2_beta/FW3.0.3Beta/FW3.0.4Beta, please connect to a WIFI connection on the X7 and update through OTA when you get the push notification. Or you may download the OTA package and update manually.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnl2qyk85set8gy/X7-3.0.6.161104_beta_b33.zip?dl=0
How to update: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40854

And please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--you can post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions. But if you encounter serious problems, you may consider flashing back to a stable release.
Stable firmware FW2.0 can be found here: click to download.

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW3.0.6beta compared to FW3.0.4beta:

1. Fixed issue where the player might not enter standby mode after pressing the Pause button on the right side to pause music (this problem will cause high power consumption);
2. Fixed issue where scanning for media might freeze at the beginning;
3. Fixed issue where playing songs in the Browse Files (Folder view) menu might fail after starting player in Pure Music mode;
4. Fixed issue where some tracks might be omitted when scanning for songs;
5. Improved the speed of loading the Favorites list/Playlist;
6. Fixed issue where long file names could not be fully displayed;
7. Fixed issue where there would be no sound through Line Out after unplugging the player from the computer USB port in DAC mode;
8. Improved the speed of changing tracks;
9. Improved the speed of loading the Category lists;
10. Improved the Play through folders function.

Note:
1. We have rewritten the code for the Favorites list/playlist in FW3.0.6 beta. After updating to this version via OTA, the Favorites list/playlist will still remain, but the album art will be missing in the list. It's suggested to clear the lists then add songs to them again.
2. If scanning for too many songs (around 30,000 songs) at one time, it's possible that the scanning might freeze. In that case, it's suggested to use the Scan for selected folders function to do multiple scans and scan for a limited number of songs each time. (We will try to fix this issue in the future)

In order to better collect the feedback of the beta firmware, we have decided to only release the beta firmware on our official forum in the future, which means this will be the last time we release the beta firmware on Head-fi. So if you still wish to try the beta firmware and give feedback about them in the future, please kindly visit our official forum (http://www.fiio.me/forum.php). We apologize for any inconvenience this might bring to you. And thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Scanning of my 200GB sd card is fast in this release and 7630 tracks found which has increased from the 6709 found by the previous releases.  I confirm that the long file names are now scrolling smoothly - thank you.
Nevertheless I regret that the key problems I have with FW 3.xx remain - lack of bluetooth connectivity and problems streaming from Amazon music remain.  Bluetooth will pair but not connect (I have tested this with multiple devices all of which connected in FW2.00).  Blue tooth connected in 3.0  and 3.02, however has failed in each of the subsequent releases.  Amazon Music has failed in all versions since FW2.0 and has previously been reported to you.

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #103 of 297
  Updated on 2016-11-4

In order to better collect the feedback of the beta firmware, we have decided to only release the beta firmware on our official forum in the future, which means this will be the last time we release the beta firmware on Head-fi. So if you still wish to try the beta firmware and give feedback about them in the future, please kindly visit our official forum (http://www.fiio.me/forum.php). We apologize for any inconvenience this might bring to you. And thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

The problem I see with this is you don't have a thread for FW3.0.6 on your forum.  So my question is how are we to know when you release a new beta firmware and more importantly how do we give feedback without a thread specific to the current beta firmware?  

Edit:  I just tried to start a thread and it didn't allow me to do so.  Not sure why since the popup was in Chinese.  

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #104 of 297
Some new bugs appeared on the new 3.0.6 firmware.

. After select a music touching on it I have a BIG lag to the music start to play and to the X7 become disponible.
. The problem with the VU Meter arent solved.
. Some problems to be recognized on some Windows PC
. Chinese letters continues on the names
. The Search function are not good

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #105 of 297
  Some new bugs appeared on the new 3.0.6 firmware.

. After select a music touching on it I have a BIG lag to the music start to play and to the X7 become disponible.
. The problem with the VU Meter arent solved.
. Some problems to be recognized on some Windows PC
. Chinese letters continues on the names
. The Search function are not good

The problem with search is that it is case sensitive - if you search with the same case results are the expected.
My 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back