Official Unofficial 8XX Discussion Thread - UPDATE SENNHEISER HAS BEEN SOLD!!! GT(heck)IH
Feb 14, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #931 of 1,473
Code "ZEOS8XX" brings these down to $699. I literally just ordered them 4 days ago and received them 2 days ago. Ugh lol.

Going to see if support will throw me a bone and give me a price adjustment. I actually love them!!!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #933 of 1,473
Holy smokes that is a good deal.

ZEOS8XX, not ZEO8XX btw.. just tested it in the checkout.
Corrected in the post thank you.

I am actually loving them stock, sounds like a natural progression of the 6xx to me. They also take to EQ really well and sound incredible with Oratory 1990's harman target parametric EQ. For $699 its a ridiculous deal IMO. I mean you could EQ them to sound like the HD800s if you want, and they're literally half the price of the HD800s new.

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #935 of 1,473
Still remember my post three months ago "I was happy to return the $1100 HD8XX and bought $549 Elex. For my ears, Elex has far more better sound quality than $1100 HD8XX."

Now, three months later, my judgement is proven to be absolutely correct. Drop lowered the price of HD8XX to $699 and increased the price of Elex to $749.

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #936 of 1,473
Oh wow...I was about to return my 8XX but decided to hang onto it for a while outside the return window. Now it really hurts seeing the discounted $699 price >.<

Feb 14, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #937 of 1,473
Oh wow...I was about to return my 8XX but decided to hang onto it for a while outside the return window. Now it really hurts seeing the discounted $699 price >.<
Same, bruv. Gonna have to watch Drop more carefully from now on...

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #938 of 1,473
Drop is probably ending the 8XX product very soon. With a $699 price tag Sennheiser would be way better off selling its 800S discounted to $1k or something.

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #940 of 1,473
Sold. The HD 800 S has always been my "money is no object" headphone for some time. Tuning is off? No problem. For ~ $800 I 'm fairly confident I can figure this s*it out.

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #941 of 1,473
Drop is probably ending the 8XX product very soon. With a $699 price tag Sennheiser would be way better off selling its 800S discounted to $1k or something.
Its a shame that a few negative reviews at launch tanked this product. It was really that one infamous review, and then a few other YouTubers that I felt just sort of piled on and jumped on the bandwagon.

They're legitimately great. This headphone is like the poster boy for how you should listen to a headphone and not just take measurements as solely indicative of how it sounds.

Feb 14, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #942 of 1,473
Its a shame that a few negative reviews at launch tanked this product. It was really that one infamous review, and then a few other YouTubers that I felt just sort of piled on and jumped on the bandwagon.

They're legitimately great. This headphone is like the poster boy for how you should listen to a headphone and not just take measurements as solely indicative of how it sounds.
This. I thought they were good for the price then and a lower price now doesn't change that opinion. Everything drops in price eventually. So what, people are now going to treat life like a roulette table and try to gauge when this or that will happen? Knock yourself out if that's your thing. Can't take it with you and I have been enjoying my time with the HD8XX's; got other things to focus on. FWIW, both my OG Clears and HD8XX see about the same amount of use.
Now I will say this: Drop still lists the 8XX's for $1,100 and they will let you buy them for that price (I tried). As a new buyer I WOULD be seriously pi**ed if it came down to knowing a code for a $400 savings. DROP should REALLY re-evaluate that policy, it seems downright scummy on their part. Either reduce the price and be done with it or give everyone a fair shake at the savings before completing the sale. I'm kind of at end game, so not too concerned for myself going forward. As ColSaulTigh implies, other buyers in the market should keep a skeptical eye on Drop for big-ticket items.

Feb 15, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #943 of 1,473

Users who are viewing this thread

Back