Official Unofficial 8XX Discussion Thread - UPDATE SENNHEISER HAS BEEN SOLD!!! GT(heck)IH
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #586 of 1,473
Just wanted to let you all know that the bulk shipment of HD8XX's are scheduled to arrive at our warehouse tomorrow, Friday Sept 17th. Upon arrival our team will work quickly to receive, repack, and ship all individual units as quickly as possible. We're hoping to get all pre-orders shipped out by early next week, and in-stock sales will start shortly after that. We have heard the comments and concerns revolving around a couple recent reviews of the HD8XX, but our internal and community tuning team is happy with the state of the headphone and the way it sounds. We know impressions are important to the community when making purchasing decisions and actively encourage youtubers, bloggers, etc. to write honest opinions about how our products sound to their own ears. Preferences are subjective and we expect to get a range of opinions. We look forward to hearing your own in the coming days. And lastly, just a quick final reminder that all HD8XX purchases are covered by our 30-day hassle free return policy. If you're unhappy for whatever reason then you can return your headphones within 30 days of receiving it for a refund so long as there isn't any physical damage to the headphones.

So everyone who is going against the party line is lying. Of course.

I guess we will see. In the meantime ship before people cancel! Quick!

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #588 of 1,473
I cancelled my preorder last week unfortunately. I really wanted the 8xx to by my "end game" if sorts, as I've been shuffling around in mid-fi for a few years now. I pre-ordered expecting a slightly tweaked hd800s, as the initial tuning revisions was. I was a bit surprised at the more aggressive changes they made in the final tuning, but I held onto my preorder and anticipated reviews. The initial reviews , as we've all seen, made it out to he not just a big change, but a disaster lol. Too much uncertainty for me to commit to $1100 for a headphone.

Can't imagine the reaction of people who pre-ordered when it was first announced and checked out, given that it was almost a year off from release. Coming back to all this drama and a huge change in the final product had to throw off a lot of people and caused them to cancel. They really should have emailed or otherwise contacted people who pre-ordered before the tuning change to make them aware of it. A lesson they can hopefully learn from.

I'm still not 100% out on these, but I need to see more reviews and measurements to make a firm decision. Just not ready to take a leap of faith of $1100 in the face of extremely negative early reviews.

I do agree with them not making a change at this point though. If they believe in the final tuning, then that's their decision has the creators of the product. We will see if it turns out to be the right decision

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #589 of 1,473
I do agree with them not making a change at this point though. If they believe in the final tuning, then that's their decision has the creators of the product. We will see if it turns out to be the right decision
I think it was way too late for them to change anything. Likely they were already boxed up and ready to ship…or even shipped.

That said I think it’s bad business to ship someone something that is wildly different than what was originally sold to the customer. They even had two youtubers put out videos on the original tuning.

It’s just bad business.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #590 of 1,473
Some comments from Drop site regarding to a new tuning HD8XX, where I tried to get more details about frequency response and technical information.

Screenshot 2021-09-17 053645.png
Wow! They have a defective product, so their response to it is to ship it sooner so that fewer people have the chance to cancel? Talk about business practices that alienate your customer base. That's terrible.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #591 of 1,473
If anyone who orders the 8XX is looking for the official balanced cable that comes with the 800s…I will be selling mine when my 800s shows up. Just DM me and I’ll hold it for whoever wants it.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #592 of 1,473
Wow! They have a defective product, so their response to it is to ship it sooner so that fewer people have the chance to cancel? Talk about business practices that alienate your customer base. That's terrible.

Technically they're shipping later than they said they would. The previous update was "1st half of September".

Sep 21, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #594 of 1,473
My HD8X…uh…HD800s showed up today! Notice the nice blue cable that was supposed to match the blue accent on the 8XX :frowning2:

Good news is that they sound excellent to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 21, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #596 of 1,473
My HD8X…uh…HD800s showed up today! Notice the nice blue cable that was supposed to match the blue accent on the 8XX :frowning2:

Shame about the cable, but at least you know you got a "legit" HD800s.

Did you take advantage of the honey $200 back deal? If so, did they give you the honey gold right away? I'm interested in exchanging it for paypal credit if I place the order (its live again).

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #597 of 1,473

The blue cable still looks very nice on the HD800S!
I also preordered the HD8XX but later decided to get the HD800S instead.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #598 of 1,473
Shame about the cable, but at least you know you got a "legit" HD800s.

Did you take advantage of the honey $200 back deal? If so, did they give you the honey gold right away? I'm interested in exchanging it for paypal credit if I place the order (its live again).
I decided not to sign up for Honey. I spent a bit of time looking into the service and I decided not to sign up.

I did use the 10% off coupon though…and I plan to sell the balanced cable that came with it.

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #599 of 1,473
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #600 of 1,473
And now it indicates they are 'out of stock', even after all the cancellations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back