Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
May 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #856 of 2,001
WHOA..when did HF change to a new look? not sure if I like it...

May 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #858 of 2,001
another tasting...another big box 'o beer... (most of the lighter stuff and the southern tier are for this weekend. gf's uncle wants to expand his taste buds)

R to L:
Allagash Interlude
Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary - Fritz And Ken's Ale
Hoppin' Frog B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal-Imperial Stout
Williamsburg Alewerks Bourbon Barrel Porter
Southern Tier Choklat
Bells Two Hearted Ale
Blue Point Toasted Lager
Bells Java Stout
Bells Expedition Stout
Bells Third Coast Old Ale
Kulmbacher Eisbock
Mikkeller Single Hop Nugget IPA
Brewdog Tokyo (**** YES!!!!)
Founders Double Trouble IPA
Green Flash West Coast I.P.A

May 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #859 of 2,001
Tonight I'm having some Magic Hat - not quite Pale Ale. A light refreshing beer (or 2) to drink after a hard days work. Probably not the highest ranking beer out there, but I think it tastes good.

May 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #860 of 2,001
Just added to my brewdog cellar collection.... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #861 of 2,001
I tried Rogue's American Amber Ale and Blue Point's Spring Fling Ale tonight. Both were quite drinkable and enjoyable, but I believe that I am officially done with American ales. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the common denominator between most American ales is a musty flavor that I would describe as rotting old wood on a humid, hot day.

I am happy to report that both beers rose above this. The Blue Point with a hop note that masks the ale flavor, and the Rogue with a smooth drinkability and subtle overtones of coffee and caramel.

May 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #862 of 2,001
I've been drinking Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale all week, but tonight I tried some Life and Limb on tap and a stubby bottle of Session Black. Life and Limb is a collaboration between Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head. Back to the Stone tomorrow if that keg holds out. Or some Trogdor.

Jul 15, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #867 of 2,001
http://www.thewestendtavern.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=604&tabid=603&mid=1916 Alright, I've worked here for about six years and this thing still impresses me. I had an Avery Maharaja tonight while I listened to some Howlin' Wolf and it was a nice way to start the rest of my night. Any Colorado Head-Fi'ers over 21 should definitely check it out.

Jul 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #869 of 2,001
Virtually all beer is all natural with no preservatives or additives. Hops, barley, yeast, water are the only ingredients in most beer, and hops function as a natural preservative.

Had some COAST barrel aged Blackbeerd and Shorts Huma Lupa Licious last night.  Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back