Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Oct 10, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #1,306 of 1,494
aac, eq and anc for about 4 hours. Aac and anc for about 6 hours. Aac for about 8 hours. I mostly use the anc + eq as 4 hours is almost always enough

hmmm, maybe also activating the DSEE too was the culprit.. maybe you can also test the battery with that scenario? (ANC, EQ, SQ mode, DSEE HX on)

Oct 10, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #1,307 of 1,494
hmmm, maybe also activating the DSEE too was the culprit.. maybe you can also test the battery with that scenario? (ANC, EQ, SQ mode, DSEE HX on)

Have never used DSEE but can give it a try. Always use SQ mode

Oct 10, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #1,309 of 1,494
With DSEE and NC on, EQ off i get close to 3.5 hours or so as well. With dsee off, i get about 6.5 hours with anc only. DSEE is a battery sucker but I like the sound with it so no issues.

Oct 20, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #1,311 of 1,494
Hi, I'm currently using the WF-1000XM3 with the supplied thin grey silicone ear tips. I've no ref for what size units I'm using other than to physically measure.
WIDTH: 11mm
HEIGHT: 11mm
CORE: 5mm

I'd like to try the Spiral Dots and/or AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC but not sure which size (or version) I should buy in order to match the silicon tips I'm currently using.

Can anyone advise please based on my measurements?

Oct 20, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #1,313 of 1,494
Hi, I'm currently using the WF-1000XM3 with the supplied thin grey silicone ear tips. I've no ref for what size units I'm using other than to physically measure.

I'd like to try the Spiral Dots and/or AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC but not sure which size (or version) I should buy in order to match the silicon tips I'm currently using.

I don't know exactly which size will fit you best but the Xelastec tips do run a bit large. So go down a size or two or get an assorted pack. The Xelastec tips once you get the right size are awesome though. Once they warm up after being in your ears for a few minutes they kind of form to the shape of your ear holes. When you take them out of your ears they are no longer perfectly round. So isolation is really good and comfort with the right size is really good. They are also a bit tacky which helps them to stay in your ears as well.

Oct 20, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #1,314 of 1,494

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/post-15731488

I'd probably start with these:
MS spiral dots = 11.0mm
S Xelastec = 11.2mm

I'd probably get the small variety pack of Xelastec tips which has SS, S & MS tips.

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #1,315 of 1,494
A few months ago somebody posted a link to Chineese Aoona who were advertising the XM3 for $19.99. This is obviously too god to be true, but just for the heck of it I placed an order to see what would actually be delivered and this is what I received today, a generic $10 China bud. It does actually work and paired without problem with my iPhone, but they sound like crap and the build quality is cheap, cheap thin plastic with just the one fitted set of medium/small tips. I have no idea how long the will last on a charge but the included leaflet say 3-4 hours. Obviously no anc or any other even half fancy features.

06ED3BA0-4361-48DC-9C41-31E8002884EB.jpeg

Nov 11, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #1,316 of 1,494
received my WF-1000XM3 a week ago and am absolutely loving them...

they work flawlessly, have a great app and sound really good

I hade the Sennheiser MTW before and their app was hideous, the battery life was crap and went flat every week just sitting in the case...they did sound good but did not sit in my ears properly and the controls were fiddly.

very happy so far...BTW I also have the WH-1000XM3 headphones for travelling...love em too

Nov 11, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #1,317 of 1,494

I hade the Sennheiser MTW before and their app was hideous, the battery life was crap and went flat every week just sitting in the case...they did sound good but did not sit in my ears properly and the controls were fiddly.

very happy so far...BTW I also have the WH-1000XM3 headphones for travelling...love em too
Had mine for about 8 months now. They’re quite simply the best TW earphones in the market.

Nov 11, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #1,318 of 1,494

Glad you like them...consider downloading the Wavelet app and try that with them.
Opens them up for the better in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back