Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Jul 17, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #1,232 of 1,494
I don't want to point you to the wrong direction, but that is how my ears fit, your might be different, since the pack has 3 sizes, you can try it out, if doesn't fit return and get the one that fit you, these material kinda hard and not as soft as the stock tips, the smaller the tip, it can go deep and once it does it expand and stay in the canals

Thanks for your advice.
I will try them and see which ones fit me the best.

Jul 20, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #1,234 of 1,494
Trying my XELASTEC tips right now. So far so good. The MS size fits me well. The isolation is crazy good, and they sound at least as good as the Spinfit cp360 tips.

Man, vocals and mid-range in general is fantastic with these tips. Vocals sound very focused and brought forward.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #1,235 of 1,494
Not to change the subject, but I downloaded the Wavelet Android app developed by XDA Senior Member pittvandewitt and wondered if anyone is using both the Wavelet app and the Sony Headphone Connect app together?
What are your settings on the Sony Headphone Connect app...FLAT or one of the presets or custom?
I have the paid version which includes EFFECTS section...any settings for those?
I'm listening via Tidal, so only Legacy Mode with AutoEQ.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #1,236 of 1,494
Not to change the subject, but I downloaded the Wavelet Android app developed by XDA Senior Member pittvandewitt and wondered if anyone is using both the Wavelet app and the Sony Headphone Connect app together?
What are your settings on the Sony Headphone Connect app...FLAT or one of the presets or custom?
I have the paid version which includes EFFECTS section...any settings for those?
I'm listening via Tidal, so only Legacy Mode with AutoEQ.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

if you want to listen to what the autoEQ supposed to sound, the preferred way is just to turn off the EQ on the Sony Headphone app.

i use the Wavelet on most of my TWS and my BT headphone, but for the WF, i prefer to use the Sony Headphone App EQ instead

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #1,238 of 1,494
Just can't get these bloody things to stay in my ear, I've tried InAir, Comply Foam, SpinFit CP360 but they fall out easily, especially with the right ear but that's probably just my physiology. Anyone got any suggestions or something I should revisit? I'm based in the UK.

I’m using Final Audio E LL tips, they are so far the only ones I’ve found that works for my big ears and they can be bought in UK

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #1,239 of 1,494
I have found that I get both a better seal and better grip making my own diy mandarins on my favourite tips. 15954576859568448313023139612416.jpg

I used a leather punch to cut the hole in the foam earplug and can now turn an already good fit into a great fit

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,240 of 1,494
I've had for issues with certain tips, but Dekoni Bulletz, Comply, Spinfit CP360, and the xelastec ones all fit and stay in my ear while walking around.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #1,241 of 1,494
I guess I'm lucky that the OEM silicone tips that came on mine fits good with no issues.
Considering if I should try other brands that are being mentioned to see if they are better or not.
I've used both Comply and Spinfit on other headphones, so not new to this.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #1,242 of 1,494
Jul 22, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #1,243 of 1,494
they still fit in the case with those tips on?

Yea, they do. I have those tips as well. They are a very clean sounding tip. Brings out clarity and tightens up the bass.

Jul 22, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #1,245 of 1,494
Dekoni Blitz Bullet - The Mercury or Gemini?

The TWS ones fit and fit in the case. Foam tips don't sound good on these though in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back