Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Sep 2, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #2,071 of 4,310
I’m not able to say how much I paid sorry. Guessing won’t do anyone any good.
Hence the lack of a question mark. As that’s what I think and saying how much on your side won’t help. C’est la vie

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #2,073 of 4,310
Hello,

The stock DMP-Z1 firmware has received a fix, that will allow it show all album cover images.

If you're not familiar with the issue, the firmware will only display baseline JPEG images, or non interlaced PNG ones as album covers. With this fix, all types of JPEG and PNG images will now be shown.

You can download this modified stock fimware here: CLICK

Enjoy!

Note: Before aNyOnE will say "But wait MrWalkman, you said you cannot mod firmwares without owning the device.", this fix doesn't need experimenting/testing, and it's risk free. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #2,074 of 4,310
Thank you @MrWalkman ! Outstanding work.

mine question I had :

will I be able to swap microSD between a wm series that’s been updated with your firmware and a non modified one or a non modified DMP, or some of the new image info will be of conflictwith the old firmware?

Sep 3, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #2,075 of 4,310
Thank you @MrWalkman ! Outstanding work.

mine question I had :

will I be able to swap microSD between a wm series that’s been updated with your firmware and a non modified one or a non modified DMP, or some of the new image info will be of conflictwith the old firmware?

The fix has nothing to do with the microSD card. It's only a modification of the firmware, that will allow it to also load and show those progressive JPEG or interlaced PNG images.

For example, if you use the normal stock firmware from Sony, and you have a song with a progressive JPEG as cover, the image will not be shown up. If you will install a modified stock firmware that has this fix, then the progressive JPEG image cover of that song will be shown up.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #2,078 of 4,310
Speaking of micro sd cards, are the 1tb sizes supported on the DMP? I'm assuming yes but double checking.

They are supported on the WM1 players (launched in 2016), so the DMP should support them as well.

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #2,081 of 4,310
dmp-z1 256gigs + 2 x micro SD cards of 1tb each damn thats a lot of music

Sep 3, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #2,082 of 4,310
One of my favorite go to pairings. DMP Z1, BLON 03 and Lagavulin 16. You gotta hear it to believe it!

CD7477AE-3498-40AC-899C-DAD90D192E12.jpeg

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #2,083 of 4,310
Hello,

The stock DMP-Z1 firmware has received a fix, that will allow it show all album cover images.

If you're not familiar with the issue, the firmware will only display baseline JPEG images, or non interlaced PNG ones as album covers. With this fix, all types of JPEG and PNG images will now be shown.

Enjoy!

Note: Before aNyOnE will say "But wait MrWalkman, you said you cannot mod firmwares without owning the device.", this fix doesn't need experimenting/testing, and it's risk free. Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks, that is great news indeed! I never understood why the Sony players are so terribly finicky with artwork.

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #2,084 of 4,310
Hello,

Enjoy!

Do you know when this "New" firmware was launched? Do you have a SONY official download link? I cannot download it from your Google dropbox now from mainland China.

Cheers,

Arthur

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #2,085 of 4,310
Do you know when this "New" firmware was launched? Do you have a SONY official download link? I cannot download it from your Google dropbox now from mainland China.

Cheers,

Arthur

The stock firmware was modified by me to have the fix I was mentioning. It's not an official fix.

It's just the stock firmware, but with the ability to load all types of JPG and PNG images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back