Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
May 2, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #1,711 of 4,312
I think what i'm trying to say is....i've got the "speaker sound", that i'm totally happy with.....and if i eventually go ahead with the purchase of a DMP-Z1, i just want the same outcome, that this is the best headphone experience i could have...

May 5, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #1,716 of 4,312

Attachments

• 1E962736-BFFB-499B-B0BD-8B7E814028E7.jpeg
    1E962736-BFFB-499B-B0BD-8B7E814028E7.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 0
May 5, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #1,720 of 4,312
What's going on here then ! ?? :sweat_smile:
One is stock and another has the wiring mod done to the internal wiring between boards. Sony did use a thick gauge Kimber cable for the headphones jack wiring but the rest are just ordinary OFC wires.....which is really not cutting it for such a device. I am sad to say that my stock DMP doesn’t quite measure up to @Whitigir DMP. Man....I may just have to join the dark side once again.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #1,721 of 4,312
One is stock and another has the wiring mod done to the internal wiring between boards. Sony did use a thick gauge Kimber cable for the headphones jack wiring but the rest are just ordinary OFC wires.....which is really not cutting it for such a device. I am sad to say that my stock DMP doesn’t quite measure up to @Whitigir DMP. Man....I may just have to join the dark side once again.

Perhaps @Whitigir should be an advisor to Sony then ?? :slight_smile:

May 5, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #1,723 of 4,312
The mods could be done via DIY, but I am hesitant to put up the process as i am not sure how many can tackle the job. It is quiet hard from trying to reuse the 10 contact terminals for 4 OFC cables. Soldering and upgrading those are the tidiest in any devices. The only place I know that offered similar modifications would be “cable creator“.

these 4 OFC while is shielded, but is regular grade OFC with crimped on contacts. I upgraded them and soldered them instead
Perhaps @Whitigir should be an advisor to Sony then ?? :slight_smile:
Nah! Sony engineers are beyond many capable companies out there.....their produced products may be a lot different than the real Prototypes from the engineers....they are more like what you would call a “watered down” versions. It makes a lot of senses when a company have to be hanging on in order to keep producing (reliability, future releases, pricing, margin...etc...)

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #1,724 of 4,312

Just wanted to ask, are you disappointed with the DMP-Z1....or have you been influenced by @Whitigir 's mod ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back