Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Sep 16, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #1,366 of 4,312
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #1,367 of 4,312
We will be very interested to hear your comparaison between the Diana Phi and the Verite Closed. Booth are on my list...

Ok so the store didn’t have Verite Closed ready just yet, they say it’ll be there next month for sure. But I got to try the Diana Phi and Stellia with SP2000Cu (store didn’t have DMP as well).

I love the Stellia’s performance. Reminded me a lot of my Empyrean. Similar soundstage and good thicc sound. Exactly my preference. I just don’t like the brown color.

The Diana Phi though... OMG... makes me want to sell my Empyrean cause I’m afraid it won’t have much use. The only reason I flew out of the country to get to the store is to try the fit (and pick up my 11 Pro as well). Once I got the fit down, cause it’s definitely an unusual fit for me, I get to enjoy the hype. Yeah it pretty much ticks every boxes for me. I can’t imagine when I pair it with my DMP later.

I will order it shortly along with the Superconductor cable. Endgame “portable” achieved.

Sep 23, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #1,368 of 4,312
Ok so the store didn’t have Verite Closed ready just yet, they say it’ll be there next month for sure. But I got to try the Diana Phi and Stellia with SP2000Cu (store didn’t have DMP as well).

I love the Stellia’s performance. Reminded me a lot of my Empyrean. Similar soundstage and good thicc sound. Exactly my preference. I just don’t like the brown color.

The Diana Phi though... OMG... makes me want to sell my Empyrean cause I’m afraid it won’t have much use. The only reason I flew out of the country to get to the store is to try the fit (and pick up my 11 Pro as well). Once I got the fit down, cause it’s definitely an unusual fit for me, I get to enjoy the hype. Yeah it pretty much ticks every boxes for me. I can’t imagine when I pair it with my DMP later.

I will order it shortly along with the Superconductor cable. Endgame “portable” achieved.

Have heard good things about the Phi -- I just can't do open back..

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #1,369 of 4,312
I just updated my A&K SP1000 ss firmware and now I can WiFi Stream Youtube ! BRILLANT ! Congrats A&K !

--> OK, it is not HighRes but it is fun and useful ) . I really wish SONY was as inovative with their "flagship" DMP-Z1 but... it don't even support WiFi ! ;-(

IMG_2688.JPG IMG_2685.JPG

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,370 of 4,312
I just updated my A&K SP1000 ss firmware and now I can WiFi Stream Youtube ! BRILLANT ! Congrats A&K !

--> OK, it is not HighRes but it is fun and useful ) . I really wish SONY was as inovative with their "flagship" DMP-Z1 but... it don't even support WiFi ! ;-(

couldn’t have more perfect timing. Just put in order for sp2000 :D comes Monday.
Layla Aions just came in :) :)

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #1,371 of 4,312
O
M
G

Layla aions and DMP-z1. Haven’t even messed with bass setting on cord

These 24 drivers dancing all over my eardrums! Loving it !!!

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #1,372 of 4,312

There's nothing innovative about this though. Recent high end AK players runs a locked down ASOP Android, paired with a well understood mobile phone SoC (AK also use Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC - the MOST common SoC of Android phones in the world) what you are holding is essentially a cell-less mobile phone that already has everything done, programmed, and tested for it by millions of other vendors, they've merely unlocked something that was essentially more or less there in the first place.

Sony is actually much more innovative and daring when they do everything from scratch - that includes both custom made parts as well as the software which they wrote from scratch, it just looks less sexy because they are starting from scratch and it takes them longer to make progress as they work at it alone instead of leverging existing work.

Sep 27, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #1,373 of 4,312
There's nothing innovative about this though. Recent high end AK players runs a locked down ASOP Android, paired with a well understood mobile phone SoC (AK also use Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC - the MOST common SoC of Android phones in the world) what you are holding is essentially a cell-less mobile phone that already has everything done, programmed, and tested for it by millions of other vendors, they've merely unlocked something that was essentially more or less there in the first place.

Sony is actually much more innovative and daring when they do everything from scratch - that includes both custom made parts as well as the software which they wrote from scratch, it just looks less sexy because they are starting from scratch and it takes them longer to make progress as they work at it alone instead of leverging existing work.
Liked x2

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1,374 of 4,312

Pah! That's nothing. I could play Solitaire on the FiiO M11. Can the DMP-Z1 do that, I ask you?!

Okay... That was probably the lamest way to cover up the fact that I can't afford the DMP-Z1, yet really really want one. :D

Sep 27, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #1,375 of 4,312
Actually Sony OS is all about digital music processing. Different way of processing the data would intervene with digital music processing under different scopes, and Sony always try to minimize the negativities that they bring, which is inevitably. One of the recent example i can give is Android and SRC by pass.

I kept saying this over and over again, but people don’t want to see into it, or rather listen into the differences and realize it themselves. The OS, the Apps, the formats files of your music are all is going to be effected. Remember, this is Digital music, which means they are nothing but a string of binary numerical 1 and 0.

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #1,376 of 4,312
Oct 8, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #1,377 of 4,312
Mm...until Sony decides to natively enable streamers again, I am stuck with LDAC and Aptx streaming using a cheap Android chinese phone to connect my Tidal hifi subscription. Will have to do. Actually a good on the go system. DMP safely in the backpack with smartphone as controller and streaming device. Would prefer to use my Apple Watch and iPhone but AAC is a dealbreaker. Not good enough although there’s always ALAC.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #1,379 of 4,312
I found a nice backpack that fits DMP-Z1 very well + all my tech.

https://www.arcido.com/products/faroe?p_id=1670875119710

saw your video other day. Great stuff. Keep it up man!
I have peak design travel back pack and can try similar I like the smaller case/ bag for short trips Wouldn’t travel without bigger backpack like you. But don’t think I could ever get over fear of it rolling thru tsa to travel on plane with it. They give no F¥}€$

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #1,380 of 4,312
How will you access the control and knob ?

Mm...you can't...not unless you wear the small backpack in front (public transport style). In my case, I just set the dmp on shuffle mode and just let it play. Go with the flow. Anything I put in are tracks I ve selected anyway so no need to fuss over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back