Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Dec 10, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #2,956 of 4,313
I wll be using the battery once a month. Y wterday got 7.5 hours play time with DSD Remastering deactivated

Dec 10, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #2,958 of 4,313
Dec 10, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,959 of 4,313
I agree, the DMP has a very specific purpose
The presumptions they make here are fascinating, because if anything what I find is that DMP-Z1 buyers - like myself - usually knows EXACTLY what they are buying and have more experiences with multiple types of gear of all price points, yet just find the DMP-Z1 to fit that specific usage scenario the best. As I've mentioned in this very thread before, I was initially considering buying a Hugo TT2, but decided against it because a) I physically move around a lot (as in move between cities and countries), I don't want to be tied to a heavy desktop device, and b) the DMP-Z1 is a true all-in-one device, unlike the Hugo TT2 where I still need to supply it with a source. I made the conscious decision to pick the device with the least compromise to me and I wasn't buying for things like "peak Sony" or anything of that kind.
100% agree. While I enjoyed using the TAZ plus WM1A, I realized I was only using it at my desk. I wanted to be able to bring my audio around to different rooms and it was a huge hassle moving it around every time. And forget if I wanted to even consider traveling with it. Also factor in that while I do enjoy listening to the WM1A, the soundstage on the TAZ spoiled me.

After looking and trying various other setups, all had the same problem of being chained down. That's when I realized the DMP-Z1 was the perfect solution for what I was looking for.

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,960 of 4,313
I agree, the DMP has a very specific purpose

100% agree. While I enjoyed using the TAZ plus WM1A, I realized I was only using it at my desk. I wanted to be able to bring my audio around to different rooms and it was a huge hassle moving it around every time. And forget if I wanted to even consider traveling with it. Also factor in that while I do enjoy listening to the WM1A, the soundstage on the TAZ spoiled me.

After looking and trying various other setups, all had the same problem of being chained down. That's when I realized the DMP-Z1 was the perfect solution for what I was looking for.
That is exactly the reason to buy the DMP-Z1. You understood this product 100% and bought the best device for your usecase.

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #2,961 of 4,313
Under bright lights I see very fine hairline scratches on the gold volume knob and on the top cover. I always use gloves but this has to be the most scratch prone audio device I have ever used. I feel scared breathing on it lol! Anyone else feel the same....

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #2,962 of 4,313
Lately I’ve been keeping the AC power connected at all times. Is this safe for the batteries? Should I be routinely unplugging and running the batteries through a power cycle?
I de qnt ro lnow ir roo if qhen using the AC Power the battery ia disconnected once reaching 100%. Because when i connect the AC it lita green and when tuening it on it lita for somw minutes orange before foing back to green

Dec 11, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,964 of 4,313
A friend of mine told me that SONY stopped after service program for dmp-z1 due to lack of parts. Any information here?
The parts will be stocked up to 7 years after the year the product is discontinued

Dec 11, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #2,965 of 4,313
I am trying tohe following but it doesnt seem to work as expected.

I transmit via bluetooth from DMP to an amazon echo show 8 and then say ro alexa to cast to sonos speakers.

The bluetooth step works as the alexa plays on the device internal speaker but for some reason it says something went wrong or there is no song or playliat to stream (to sonos).

I bet one cannot just simply “jump” from bkuetooth to wifi.

Is there an alexa skill that enables re-rputing of bluetooth to wifi? Like cast BT to sonos or so?

Or if there are usb-C or with line in jack WiFi-transmitter devices that cast to sonos, much like the iPos says where many used a FM-transmitter or later a BT-transmitter

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #2,967 of 4,313
As far as I know, It is discontinued this year. my colleague told me that he failed to fix his broken DMP at sony service center due to lack of part. I want to hear someone else' AS experience.

Precisely what was broken, and which specific Sony Service Centre was it that were unable to obtain the 'apparent' part required??

It's currently still available for sale new in many global markets, obviously inclusive of full warranty.

It would be exceedingly unusual for Sony to sell new products with zero availability of replacement components.

In the event of faults, do you think simply replacing ENTIRE units is a logical business strategy... 🤔

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #2,968 of 4,313
As far as I know, It is discontinued this year. my colleague told me that he failed to fix his broken DMP at sony service center due to lack of part. I want to hear someone else' AS experience.
Sony of Japan says it’s not. I speak Japanese and asked them directly at Sony in Ginza

Dec 12, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #2,970 of 4,313
Precisely what was broken, and which specific Sony Service Centre was it that were unable to obtain the 'apparent' part required??

It's currently still available for sale new in many global markets, obviously inclusive of full warranty.

It would be exceedingly unusual for Sony to sell new products with zero availability of replacement components.

In the event of faults, do you think simply replacing ENTIRE units is a logical business strategy... 🤔
I totally agree with you. I thought my friend's experience is too odd to understand. This is the reason I asked this issue in this thread. Probably, It is his dmp's own issue rather than issue of Sony AS. I don't know what is the exact problem with his dmp but relieved with many hopeful answers. Many thanks to guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back