Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour!
Feb 18, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #152 of 162
The Urbanite has arrived safely my wait is over
First impression
Package is high class nice durable box and sponge foam standard Sennheiser  no throw away blister pack .
Sennheiser do materials so well everything feels made for the job , plastic never feels cheap or weak there is metal where I would expect it to be . Don't know if anyone else noticed but the ear pads appear to be the same material as the HD800 which is a nice touch of class . Cable is OK locks firmly in place a little micro-phonic but nothing serious , no joy for diy types as the lock in 2.5 plugs are impossible to find .
Watched an episode of Stargate SG1 with the Urbanite plugged straight into the laptop .
Comfort is OK to marginal , I developed a bit of a hot spot on the crown of my head after close to an hour and the ear pads are only barely large enough to be over ear . Weight and clamp is good no problem there , pads are soft and make a good seal even with glasses
Won't go into detail on sound since it is just a TV show but everything sounded good with no obvious flaws
Will have fun over the next week trying out all my amps and daps maybe a dog walk in the park or even a train ride
Thanks go to @White Lotus and Sennheiser for the opportunity , out for now

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #154 of 162
Great review mate! 

Slight update: I've added all of your reviews to the OP of this thread.

A lot of hard work has gone into these reviews, and I can't thank you guys enough for helping out with this tour.

I'm excited to hear what Brooko thinks of these! 

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #155 of 162
  Great review mate! 

A lot of hard work has gone into these reviews, and I can't thank you guys enough for helping out with this tour.

Thanks for the opportunity mate! Much appreciated!

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #156 of 162
  Great review mate! 

Thanks for your hard work and kind words of encouragement 
The Urbanites have landed in NZ so should be with Brooko soon

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #157 of 162
Looking forward to it gents - thanks.

Mar 1, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #158 of 162
Just arrived.  Thoughts in due course.

Mar 1, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #161 of 162

I'm ready for all our reviews to be outclassed by the review champion! xD

Mate - I'm still the noob as far as the experience level goes on this tour.  I've really enjoyed the other reviews so far.  

Mar 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #162 of 162
My review is up : http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-urbanite-xl-black-over-ear-headphones/reviews/12696

White Lotus - I'll PM you tomorrow regarding returning these to Australia next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back