Official Seattle meet 01/25/20 IN West Seattle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #16 of 42
WHERE TO GO FOR THE AFTER-MEET??
WE HAVE COOL PLACES IN WEST SEATTLE

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #17 of 42
I'm work'n on bringing a new set of HP's very few have ever heard of, and fewer still have actually heard, including me.

I'll know more late next week.

JJ

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #18 of 42
I'm work'n on bringing a new set of HP's very few have ever heard of, and fewer still have actually heard, including me.

I'll know more late next week.

JJ

Are they the Verum Audio planers?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 42
um, no.
But those look even more like they were inspired by the Cybermen of Dr. Who fame.
hahahahahahahahaha

JJ

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #20 of 42
So I might as well let the cat out of the bag…

I have a pair of HEDDphones that I will bring to the meet.
https://www.hedd.audio/en/

They are big and bulky but not unwieldy nor feel as heavy as you might think they would.
And they are power hungry but not hugely so.

And they compare rather favorably to my 800-Jmod's which is impressive, at least to me anyway…

JJ

Jan 17, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #21 of 42
You tease me with the HEDDphones. I want to hear those with my Cavalli amp to find out if I should buy them.

Unfortunately I'm visiting Georgia and won't be able to make it to this meet. I expect the HEDDphone will be at future Seattle area meets and I'll get to hear them with my setup. Y'all have fun. And post some pictures so I can see what I missed.

Jan 17, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #22 of 42
So I might as well let the cat out of the bag…

I have a pair of HEDDphones that I will bring to the meet.
https://www.hedd.audio/en/

They are big and bulky but not unwieldy nor feel as heavy as you might think they would.
And they are power hungry but not hugely so.

And they compare rather favorably to my 800-Jmod's which is impressive, at least to me anyway…

JJ

Not sure, but hoping to make the meet. Great opportunity to listen to something that’s barely out!! And another chance to see, hear, and touch the PurpAmp!

Looking at their site, I see monitor speakers that are AOIP/Dante ready; interesting!

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #23 of 42
You tease me with the HEDDphones. I want to hear those with my Cavalli amp to find out if I should buy them.

Unfortunately I'm visiting Georgia and won't be able to make it to this meet. I expect the HEDDphone will be at future Seattle area meets and I'll get to hear them with my setup. Y'all have fun. And post some pictures so I can see what I missed.
It's too bad you won't be at the meet, but there is always 'next time'.

And these BigBoys are a bit power hungry so take that into account when choosing a power amp.
That is if you want them to have impact and play with authority (aka higher SPL's).

JJ

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #24 of 42
Not sure, but hoping to make the meet. Great opportunity to listen to something that’s barely out!! And another chance to see, hear, and touch the PurpAmp!

Looking at their site, I see monitor speakers that are AOIP/Dante ready; interesting!
Yeah I noticed the Dante connection as well and thought that it seems to be an interesting matchup.

And supposedly they are announcing their entry into the HP marketplace this weekend, which means they are now 'officially' on the market.

And the Purp-Amp has already undergone some major refinements along with finding those Cossor tubes that really light up this amp.
But there is even more refinement inbound (parts are due in early this coming week) as the amp is going full on mod level 3 with direct coupling and minimal parts in the audio path.
We're thinking this will be the final push for this amp and once fully dialed in, it will be the reference we were aiming for.

And these HEDDphones are nearly an ideal load for this amp without needing additional load 'compensation' (like the Jmods do).

Yeah we're having some fun now… :ksc75smile:

JJ

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #25 of 42
Shootout Between The Hedd Headphones and Meze Empereans should make for an interesting meet. Game changing stuff happening......

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #26 of 42
im really a big maybe for coming this time. I have a few things going on this weekend and would love to join though.

If I do, I'll try to bring: ZMF Verite, Hifiman Arya, Fostex TR-X00 Ebony, qdc anole vx, uranus, hidition viento if they arrive in time, and a bunch of new budget chifi headphones and iems i got in for review this month.

Oh and probably bring the RME ADI-2 DAC + SMSL SP200 THX amp and DX160/Hiby R5 DAPs.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #28 of 42
OUUUU the SR-1a / Jot-R combo…
Now that is a rig I need to hear… :ksc75smile:

And I should have the Purp-Amp back up and running very soon, so the HEDD'rs and my 800-Jmods can run from it.

JJ

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #30 of 42
I’m planning on it too. Though my “meet carry-in” has been on a diet, I still expect to hot transport Yggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back