Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Dec 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #31 of 3,690
  Argh. Was just about to hit the buy button on the valhalla 2.

Was flipping through the schiit website and randomly the Vali 2 pops up.

Thought I was seeing schiit :]

I hate this hobby..so many decisions.

Same exact boat. I want the 650s to shine and I don't know what to do now. Just gonna wait it out and listen to what everyone else thinks.

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 3,690
I really loved Vali1. It does have unique clarity and space. Although, it felt weak and thin sometimes compared to iFi Micro for example (or other more expensive amps). It wasn't good with bright headphones, but with warmer sounding high impedance headphones it was a wonderful pairing. Even though I have tried and own more expensive and advanced amps now, this Vali2 made me really curious. :)

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #33 of 3,690
  I really loved Vali1. It does have unique clarity and space. Although, it felt weak and thin sometimes compared to iFi Micro for example (or other more expensive amps). It wasn't good with bright headphones, but with warmer sounding high impedance headphones it was a wonderful pairing. Even though I have tried and own more expensive and advanced amps now, this Vali2 made me really curious. :)

Beautiful description of the synergy between a Vali1 and HD600 / HD650 cans.  I recently went for a Vali beacuse of such praise by so many.  But I do admit to being curious about this new design :)

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #39 of 3,690
Me too. I was looking to buy a garage1217 amp soon, but will wait for some impressions of these.

I was planning on getting a Project Ember (which I realize is a healthy upgrade to the just released Vali 2) this spring.  I contacted Schiit for their comments on the Vali 2 being able to drive HD650's and HE500's.  They replied saying that it has plenty of power to drive both devices.

I have time so I will be interested in peoples impressions between now and the spring to make a decision.

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #40 of 3,690
I was planning on getting a Project Ember (which I realize is a healthy upgrade to the just released Vali 2) this spring.  I contacted Schiit for their comments on the Vali 2 being able to drive HD650's and HE500's.  They replied saying that it has plenty of power to drive both devices.

I have time so I will be interested in peoples impressions between now and the spring to make a decision.

I was also considering an Ember. Although if this reviews and pairs well with the hd650, I may get this and get the Project Polaris instead.

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #41 of 3,690
I was also considering an Ember. Although if this reviews and pairs well with the hd650, I may get this and get the Project Polaris instead.

Cool.  I already have plenty of solid state headphone amplifiers (Magni, Magni 2U, Lake People G109S, Arcam integrated amplifier, NAD integrated amplifer, Pioneer Home Theater receiver) but am interested in a tube amp.  I don't want to spend a fortune but I want something versatile which is why I was very interested in the Project Ember.  However the Vali 2 has me pretty interested, especially at this price point.  The Vali 2 isn't as powerful or versatile as the Ember (variable output resistance settings), but I will be keeping a close eye on head-fi'ers comments and impressions.

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #43 of 3,690
I have a Vali, which I really like. Recently got a Valhalla 2 which I really like.  And even with these two I'm still planning on buying a Vali 2. I can't resist. But next year... already spent too much money this year.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #44 of 3,690
Bought one at lunchtime today. Figured it would be fun to try out.

i came very close to ordering myself one today too, i'm trying to hold off until after christmas, i'd have to think up a whopper of a lie to be buying something for myself right now ! lol
can't wait to hear what you think of it

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #45 of 3,690
I was just about to buy the Magni 2 Uber then I seen this. I have the AKG M220, AKG K553, AKG K7XX, Audio Technica ATH-AD900X. I got the Sennheiser HD 598 SE, and the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 LE are under the tree x-miss. Should I go with a flat sound signature like the Magni 2 because I have so many headphones or go with the Vali 2? I plan to buy more next year too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back