1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by inseconds99, Dec 11, 2015.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. E8ArmyDiver
    Here you go:: DSC_0007.jpg DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg

2. Currawong Contributor
    Look what arrived in time for Xmas:

Schiit_Audio_Vali_2_DSCF4312.jpg

Now I just await more tubes...

ScubaMan2017, jfoxvol and E8ArmyDiver like this.
  3. Tuneslover

A Vali (2) Christmas!!

4. i20bot

Ah ok.  I got my pay per view ready for this fight.

5. volly
    Good times my friend!

I've only got to have a little listen to the new amp due to Christmas day gatherings and such.

I will note early that this amp is clear and detailed like the Asgard 2 and perhaps a tad more dynamic. A little bit of warmth but not too much and very enveloping. 

Asgard 2 is in cyro-status as of right now and it might remain that way for a long time!

More to come...
    8.jpg

Turdski and sheldaze like this.
  6. Currawong Contributor
    After being left on for a day, it is doing quite well. A bit of harshness in the sound sig and a bit of blur compared to my other amps, but is quite an exciting listen. Surprisingly it even does quite well with the HE1000s. 

7. TinearedOne
    Another happy Vali 2 owner.  What a lovely Christmas present.  My first foray into the world of tubes, and I have to say it has had the effect every good change to my audio system has had; I am working my way through my entire record and CD collection re-discovering a bunch of music.

I don't have as many things to compare my experience to as most on this board, so I'll keep it simple.  I mostly listen to two channel through my amp and speakers, and have been using a Schiit Sys for the last year or so.  While I like the Sys, it has been pretty revealing, and given that it's a straight pass-through, it isn't the most forgiving with potentially annoying source material.  I wanted the Vali 2 to take out perceived harshness in bass response, and also at the top end.  The bottom is smoother without being less precise.  The top is smoother.  Does that mean it's rolled off?  I don't know.  I do know that I can listen to cymbals and other high pitched sounds, and have been testing out songs with those kinds of sounds, while they were in many cases unlistenable through my amp and source material at even reasonable volumes without the Vali 2 in the chain.

On to headphones.  I've had my eye the AKG K612 Pros or Q701s for quite some time now and finally have an amp that should work well with them...

Very excited that Schiit made getting into tube audio so easy. I don't think I'll be rolling for some time.  The sound with the stock tube is quite pleasing.

8. OldRoadToad
    Very nice, indeed.  A beautiful, albeit humble glow, worthy of the season...

Thank you!

Thee Toade

9. jfoxvol

Brilliant, innit.

TinearedOne likes this.
  10. bigro
    I agree the stock tube really does sound good. It gets better as the tube gets a few hours on it. I may explore some more but for now but I really enjoy the Vali 2 as is.

11. Deftone
    for people that are not too keen on the brightness of the white leds there are some stickers you can use called LightDims

i have ordered some so it should be with me soon, i have 4 white leds in total in my stack so i need to tone them down lol.

lightdims4-861x1024.jpg

Currawong and a44100Hz like this.
  12. bigro

Most of My Schiit is in the Living room. I do not need night lights and it acts like a beacon to wonderful sound.

riffrafff and Angular Mo like this.
  13. Ghost Pack
    Anyone know if it's possible to buy a Vali 2 without the stock GE tube? I have plenty of leftovers from forays with the Lyr. :p

14. bigro

Email schiit support. There is no option on the website so that's your best bet

15. volly
    More impressions: 

The stock tube clean, clear and dynamic! Very good balance top to bottom, would like to see with about a week of full use! 

The amp is very capable and I'm enjoying what I'm hearing, compared to the Asgard 2 I am sold on a tube hybrid amp as my daily. 

With the ability to choose High/Low gain is very handy, I use low gain with the X2's as I do hear the noise floor on high gain mode. 

My personal thoughts is, they'll have to do something with the Asgard 2 to make it stand up to the rest of the line up, I feel it really is in danger here!

The Asgard 2 has been a very very capable amp, just a solid performance for the price but the cost/performance of the Vali 2 is really very impressive!

I'll probably start tube rolling in a few months as I'd like to get use to the sound currently. I'll be giving the X2's a break soon (but not too soon!) and swapping in my HD600's.

Looking foward to hearing my HD600's through the Vali 2 as I didn't like the sound coming from the Asgard 2 to be honest!

Strange question for Schiit but I'll ask it, will the Lisst tube work with the Vali 2?!

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last