*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Dec 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,577

SpienerVince

Head-Fier
Dear Head-Fi guys/girls,

Because these babies deserve there own thread!
Share your setup and talk about there awesomo factor
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 2,577

Just ordered the uber stack. Look forward to seeing how they sound compared to my A2/Uber Bifrost stack. Can't wait to hear them!

Jan 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 2,577
actually, these are very tempting to me

sad schiit is, the price will actually went up to like, $400 or something in here

the Modi that sells for $99 on the website sells for $250 in my place :frowning2:

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 2,577
It will be good with the HD650, how much improvement I can't say, but it will be better, some even compare it with the Asgard 2
eek.gif

Haven't seen a review where they compare the magni and magni 2 (Uber).

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #8 of 2,577
I'm curious as to whether the Modi 2 uber pulls power from the AC or from the USB.  I've used my iphone with my original usb Modi and it pulls too much power without a powered usb hub.  If all power draw comes from the AC, I could probably use this as a decent desktop setup at work.  Portable dac/amp units are ok, but if I'm going to leave it at work all the time, I don't want something I have to charge.

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 2,577
  I know how you are feeling right now. Here in the Netherlands I can get them easily, but they cost around 125/135 Euro each, which is a lot more that 99 Dollars each......

If you take into account that you have to buy dollars to pay schiit, you are left with a 40% difference due to shipping/importing, taxes. Which is quite difference from a 150%-300% increase, which is just artificial. The difference even goes down to 30% for the ubers, and down to 20% for the more expensive products. So the pricing seems quite reasonable.

The only thing that it does is that it makes the uber more favorable to buy, compared to the standard version.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #14 of 2,577
  But tax rate is 21% and import is another 8%, and they recalculate the package to euro's, which will be 99 Euro instead of 99 Dollar. They are like thief's here....

The big difference is that in the US for internet purchases out of state no VAT is paid, if that wasn't the case price would be higher. And when it gets into europe you'll have to pay VAT. But you can hardly blame schiit or the importer for that. Why do you think import tax is 8%?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back