*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
May 2, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #511 of 2,577
I have a Marantz CD6003, a PC and a PS3 next to my Earspeakers rig (Stax cans + SRM-727).
I'm considering a Modi 2 uber to concentrate all these sources, and maybe make some room : getting rid of my big old Yamaha speaker amp (with a class-d something) and selling the CD6003 as I'll be able to use the PS3 as a transport...is it a right choice ?

Ali

May 2, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #513 of 2,577
Updating the thread about my recent issue with magni2u. I've emailed schiit and after a series of emails with Nick, they proposed me to make a return/exchange. 

They were very supportive. 

I've returned mag2u and minutes later schiit sent my replacement!!!!!

Amazing customer service. Highly recommended.

May 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #516 of 2,577
Is there any reason to choose Asgarsd 2 over Magni 2 uber? Especially considering the price difference.

To keep your hands warm? 
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #520 of 2,577
  If all of their amps sound the same, why do they sell different models? Now i'm confused 
confused_face_2.gif

Because some people believe that they sound different, despite the flat FR and distortion levels that are lower than we can percieve. If there's a market, one has to make products for it and try not to get in the way of customers, or go hungry. So there's enough product to go around for whatever one believes.
There are certain amps geared to headphones of higher impedances, e.g., Valhalla 2.

May 3, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #521 of 2,577
Because some people believe that they sound different, despite the flat FR and distortion levels that are lower than we can percieve. If there's a market, one has to make products for it and try not to get in the way of customers, or go hungry. So there's enough product to go around for whatever one believes.
There are certain amps geared to headphones of higher impedances, e.g., Valhalla 2.

Quoted for truth!

May 4, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #522 of 2,577
Is there any reason to choose Asgarsd 2 over Magni 2 uber? Especially considering the price difference.

Well, I'll chime in on this since I have both. I listen to the Magni 2 Uber at work, and the Asgard 2 at home, both with the same headphones. Despite all the measured evidence to the contrary 
wink_face.gif
 I have convinced myself I hear just a touch deeper bass and a slightly wider soundstage out of the Asgard, with a bit more imagined detail as well. Is it worth the extra money for that? That probably depends on if your ears and/or headphones are capable of hearing the difference (or your brain can convince you of it 
ksc75smile.gif
) between the Asgard and the Magni, or if you even care.

The Magni 2 Uber is a sweet little amp for the price. I was using a 2007 vintage Headroom Micro Amp at work and the width of the soundstage doubled from the Micro to the Magni. It was that much of an improvement.

May 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #523 of 2,577
Technically the Magni 2 Uber has better specs and power output than the Asgard 2 according to the website, that's weird.

May 4, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #524 of 2,577
Technically the Magni 2 Uber has better specs and power output than the Asgard 2 according to the website, that's weird.

Except at higher impedances. If you do DB calculations it's nothing to worry about.
The distortion levels of either amp are far below human perception.
So, we can spend more time enjoying music and less time fretting over this. 
wink.gif

May 4, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #525 of 2,577
Modi 2 Uber should be here sometime within the next week or so. Pretty excited

Users who are viewing this thread

Back