*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #2,522 of 2,577
My Magni 2's power button has broken. Can anyone help me to get a new power switch? Or at lease switch specification or anything.

If you can read the markings on the switch, you may be able to match it here: https://www.digikey.com/products/en/switches/toggle-switches/... I doubt the Schiit folks will help you DIY this, given the whole lawyer-required "Do Not Open" / "No User Servicable Parts Inside" thing, but it couldn't hurt to ask: http://www.schiit.com/contact/help-support They've recently upgraded their support ticket system — basically they didn't have one until now — and should get back to you quickly.

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #2,523 of 2,577
Hey guys,
just got my modi 2 multibit... I'm really happy with the performance but the AC adapter is constantly buzzing, exactly like in this video:
It has no effect on performance as far as I can tell.

1) do you think the adapter is faulty and I should RMA it? (honestly, I'm in Europe so that would be a lengthy process and I'd like to avoid it if possible)

2) I have a Mani too and it seems to be using the same AC adapter. The one from Mani does not buzz. Can I use it with modi?

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #2,525 of 2,577
Cthulhu is amazing. Great for even just a 2-stack of schiit.

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,526 of 2,577
I'm currently running usb from my laptop to my Fiio X3ii in DAC only mode and then on to a Magni 3 via an Audioquest Evergreen cable ending in either my Hifiman HE4xx (with ZMF Ori Lambskin pads) or my Fidelio X2. My question is would getting the Modi 2 Uber give me a significant sound quality boost over the Fiio X3ii as the DAC? The Fiio uses the Cirrus Logic CS4398 chip. Any help here would be appreciated. Really don't want to spend another $150 if the improvement will be negligible. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2,527 of 2,577
I’ve got a iPhone -> CCK (Lightning & USB) -> Modi2U -> Vali2 -> Fostex TH-X00 setup. I’ve noticed that sometimes some digital noise (zzip, zipp, zp) creeps in for 1-10 seconds, then goes away. This doesn’t seem to happen when I’m feeding the Modi from Toslink from my computer.
DAE experience this?

I did isolate all PWM power supplies, including the iPhone’s power to the CCK. They were not the problem. Sounds like RF from a cell phone antennae.

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #2,528 of 2,577
I’ve got a iPhone -> CCK (Lightning & USB) -> Modi2U -> Vali2 -> Fostex TH-X00 setup. I’ve noticed that sometimes some digital noise (zzip, zipp, zp) creeps in for 1-10 seconds, then goes away. This doesn’t seem to happen when I’m feeding the Modi from Toslink from my computer.
DAE experience this?

I did isolate all PWM power supplies, including the iPhone’s power to the CCK. They were not the problem. Sounds like RF from a cell phone antennae.
I did notice clicks like this on some devices. They went away when a put a Wyrd in between the device and the DAC. I’d imagine any powered hub would do.

I would also hear noises when wifi was on when I’d use my Oppo HA-2 with an iPhone. Those sounds went away when I used it with my iPod classic

Jan 3, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #2,529 of 2,577
I did notice clicks like this on some devices. They went away when a put a Wyrd in between the device and the DAC. I’d imagine any powered hub would do.

I would also hear noises when wifi was on when I’d use my Oppo HA-2 with an iPhone. Those sounds went away when I used it with my iPod classic

That makes a lot of sense... Thanks. I hadn't thought about the Wi-Fi just yet. Maybe I'll try putting the phone in Airplane Mode and see what I get. Otherwise, my Schiit stack is going to 4 levels, including the Loki! :darthsmile:

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #2,530 of 2,577

Just following up: That was it, Dana! I just put the phone in Airplane Mode and the clicks and buzzing went away! Rookie mistake, I guess.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #2,531 of 2,577
Really need some help.

Brought modi 2, worked well, sent back to upgrade as wanted optical option for future.

Got modi 2 Uber. It won’t connect to my windows laptop. Won’t be recognised. Says error message of malfunctioned on connecting to laptop.

Browsed the internet for hours on end and no luck so far. Please help. SOS.

Any thing I can do setting wise / windows 10 update wise / options for ports and how the power works to allow it to be picked up?

Jan 12, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #2,532 of 2,577
Really need some help.

Brought modi 2, worked well, sent back to upgrade as wanted optical option for future.

Got modi 2 Uber. It won’t connect to my windows laptop. Won’t be recognised. Says error message of malfunctioned on connecting to laptop.

Any thing I can do setting wise / windows 10 update wise / options for ports and how the power works to allow it to be picked up?
Did you install the drivers from the schiit site? Modi doesn’t need drivers but uber and multibit do

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #2,534 of 2,577
Really need some help.

Which connection from Modi are you using? usb or optical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back