*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Aug 23, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #2,056 of 2,577
I have a question about the magni 2 uber when using the output to powered speakers should the impedance switch be set to high or low? Not sure where to set it.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #2,058 of 2,577
  I have a question about the magni 2 uber when using the output to powered speakers should the impedance switch be set to high or low? Not sure where to set it.
Thanks in advance.

The output is affected I think, the voltage of the output. I really doubt you could notice a difference in audio quality though. The rule of thumb is that you use low gain when possible, because it has less distortion. 

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #2,059 of 2,577
If you are talking about the rear preamp output the gain switch doesn't matter.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #2,061 of 2,577
Interesting, and it makes sense. I apologize!

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #2,062 of 2,577
I like to listen to music almost exclusively on my tablet. I'm planning on getting a new set of headphones soon. I think it'll be the sennheiser HD 598,but not positive yet. I'll have a little $$ left to get something to improve SQ. For a similar price I could get the Magni 2 and plug it into the headphone jack of my tablet or get the Fulla.

What do you guys think? Would I gain more using the Fulla because of the external DAC, or would it be better to trust the DAC in the tablet and plug in a superior amp, the Magni 2? The tablet is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 running Android 5.x,so it's pretty modern.

Btw, the portability of the Fulla wouldn't really be a huge advantage for me, since I pretty much only listen at home (as indicated by the big open back headphone choice!) I don't mind having an amp plugged into the wall.

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #2,063 of 2,577

The output is affected I think, the voltage of the output. I really doubt you could notice a difference in audio quality though. The rule of thumb is that you use low gain when possible, because it has less distortion. 

I can here the difference it's like Night and day.

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #2,067 of 2,577
I'm trying to understand what the Magni2U preamp does to the signal (if anything). In my Vali 2 I know that the preamp outputs a signal "colorized" by the tube, but does the Magni 2 Uber change the signal in any way?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to get a SS amp to use instead of the Vali 2 whem I'm not in the mood for tubes. I don't want to use a Y-splitter out of my ModiMB, I tried that and it sounds worse from both amps. So my options are either to use a SYS in reverse (1 input, 2 outputs) or to have the Magni2U preamp out connected to the Vali 2 input, but I don't want it to change the sound in any way before it reaches the Vali 2.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #2,070 of 2,577
hi everybody .i'm looking for a helping connection my Yamaha hs8 (pair )  with Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) . I trying to hook them up with mogami cables balance TRS. Can anyone helps me a good way to  connect them.
i'm sorry for my English grammar . 

My speaker has TRS input and Magni uber have output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back