Official Progressive Metal Thread (Metal/Djent/instrumental/jazz/fusion)
May 6, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #171 of 549
Artist "All Things Fallen"
Album "All Things Fallen"
Song "I Wait for You"

Definitely Prog Metal

Really good production from what little I heard. Really cool pickup for a Sunday evening!

Good album, thanks!

May 6, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #172 of 549
Artist "All Things Fallen"
Album "All Things Fallen"
Song "I Wait for You"

Definitely Prog Metal

Really good production from what little I heard. Really cool pickup for a Sunday evening!

Thanks for posting, quality music.

Don't know what's going on in Sweden but they don't lack prog metal bands. Just to name a few.

Soen
Darkwater
Evergrey
Seventh Wonder
Wolverine
Etc..

May 6, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #173 of 549
Thanks for posting, quality music.

Don't know what's going on in Sweden but they don't lack prog metal bands. Just to name a few.

Soen
Darkwater
Evergrey
Seventh Wonder
Wolverine
Etc..

They even share artwork ideas :D

ATF-Soen.jpg

May 9, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #174 of 549
Don't know what's going on in Sweden

I think it's like a mecca for progressive metal. Many many of the bands I like are from Sweden. Biggest names for sure IE Opeth. I must visit there if I ever renew my expired passport!

They even share artwork ideas :D

hahaha, I thought the exact same thing, Soen now being one of my favorite bands - ever. Lotus hooked me, but Lykaia and Tellurian rank right there as well. I had Lykaia marked as a fav in tidal when it was released and did not give it a proper listen. My tastes have not changed over the past two years, so I just chalk this up to one of my great 'missed music opportunities'.

May 19, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #177 of 549
Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #178 of 549
Jun 6, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #179 of 549
Artist: StOrk
Album: Broken Pieces
Track: Chainsaw Serenade
Lossless Sources: Bandcamp and Tidal

Interesting band, female singer, drummer is Thomas Lang. Described as avant-garde, though I'd say it's more progressive metal. Pretty good all around. Bassist has serious chops if you listen to the other tracks.

***Please remember to at least list the artist in your post so that duplicates can be avoided. You can search the thread in the bar directly below the title (blue magnifying glass)***

Happy listening everyone

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #180 of 549
Artist: Organized Chaos
Album: Big Boy (Single)
Track: Big Boy
Lossless Sources: Bandcamp (actually it's 24 bit, as is their "Divulgence" album - which I highly rec as well). Most tracks from "Divulgence" can also be found on Tidal in 16 bit.

I believe this band was posted on the progressive rock thread, but it really deserves a spot here for posterity of course! This is a newer release of theirs and is pretty cool. I own their entire discography and can't wait for more. Their first album definitely crosses the line into 'avant-garde' if you're into that.

***Please remember to at least list the artist in your post so that duplicates can be avoided. You can search the thread in the bar directly below the title (blue magnifying glass)***

Happy listening everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back