Official Pittsburgh 2017 Meet - July 22nd - Music to My Ear - Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2017 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Netherwind

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone that came out to help make it a successful meet, a special thanks to @MTMECraig for helping everything get set up.

Pictures and such will be posted whenever I get my desktop hooked back up.
----
Pictures are up!

Star of the show for myself was the HE-6, for semi-obvious reasons :) I had never gotten to hear one before and I think I now have one of the best 1-2 punches you can get in terms of HE-6 + Eikon.

I can't wait to hear more thoughts on the event and what can be done better for next time!

Edit: Pictures fixed, uploaded to imgur

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 16
N8GAR5q.jpg
jzZCwwF.jpg
XuKZaSw.jpg
kNK7QOGg.jpg
sPmxaoI.jpg
3apW2L1.jpg
esj33gS.jpg
ECVMXDM.jpg
eVgyKAF.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 16
Sorry about a couple of the pictures being blurry. I had a nice time (thanks to MTME and Craig for setting this up). The rifle case full of headphones and getting to hear the AKG K1000 were the highlights for me!

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 16
IMG_7403.JPG
This custom case is total boss status....
IMG_7404.JPG IMG_7409.JPG IMG_7410.JPG
The prototype in ear that @Luke Pighetti was nice enough to let us listen to at the meet. Thank you Luke for sending it out our way!
IMG_7411.JPG IMG_7412.JPG IMG_7413.JPG IMG_7414.JPG
Big shout out to everyone that drove an hour + to come to meet! (Not looking at you two, @MoJaveMan250 or @SomeGuyDude! Hope you know I'm messin, love hanging with you both. seriously though a bunch of you drove some heavy miles for this meet, and for that, I was blown away. I loved being able to talk to you and listen to your great gear... I am talking some serious stuff!!

Thank you @zach915m at ZMF for sending out the huge crate of gear for us to listen to, including the Atticus which was a ton of fun off the Feliks amp! :)

Lastly, I want to do a shout out to the stand out performance (or should I say, stand up performance) of @Netherwind 's folding table! Thing came in handy something fierce! :) :)

(*that last part was an inside joke only a handful will get ha. You with me @buke9 ?) LOL

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 16
HA! do I have to wrap them around the back of my ear??

Yes, I just was too amused to say anything. It was enjoyable to watch how everyone wore them. They are meant to go around your ear.

On a side note, wow I really didn't fit into that chair..

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #9 of 16
Weeew.

That was fun. The proto Vibros were pretty good. Theres was a slight dip in the mids somewhere. However that didn't stop me from enjoying them. With a little more fine tuning I could sit back and simply fade away. Has your typical BA weirdness but you don't notice it once you start to focus on the music. The low end was tight and not sharpness to the highs. Very light in weight and comfortable. The cable was uh... Felt too thin. Too fragile and appears to coil very easily. Very pretty tho.

The Eikons were great. Simply great. Different from fostex biodyna. Of course that's because there's many key differences. I wish it had a little more impact. A little more slam. Subbass rumble, to me, is equivalent to the Emu teak. But 1kHz + in the eikons were much better. Didnt hear the weird midrange distortion Tyll measured. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the Atticus. I guess it fits a certain taste.

Elear was...veiled. Missing so much upper mids it felt weird. Great build. The Utopia was great. It sounded amazing, but... I wouldnt spend 4k on them.

Z1r... Oh man. Amazing build quality.it just sounds..bad. The bass hit like pillows. And the subbass rumbled like gentle farts. Don't get me wrong, it has lots of bass. It was just bad. Also some sharpness and edginess to the upper region. Did not like at all. Very spacious sounding tho. Isolates like a king. Get a stronger magnet on these Sony. Anyways, why buy Z1r if you can just get a massively better experience with the Eikons?

Ether C flow. Amazing engineering. Gotta give respect to Dan here. They are the most. Comfortable headphones I have ever tried. They didn't really perform bad, but...like. Its tuned to be, meh. It really felt boring. Technicallities were good. Its,weird because the Alpha dogs, I liked the tuning. It was aggressive (and very very flawed because t50rp). Hearing the Ether C flow felt like and odd departure to lukewarmness. To something moderate with a spacious sound for being closed. Just nothing spectacular.

Akg K1000 was there. Very interesting ear speaker. I really can't comment much on it but it sounded pleasantly odd.

Glad I could try out so many different headphones and devices.

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #11 of 16
Weeew.

That was fun. The proto Vibros were pretty good. Theres was a slight dip in the mids somewhere. However that didn't stop me from enjoying them. With a little more fine tuning I could sit back and simply fade away. Has your typical BA weirdness but you don't notice it once you start to focus on the music. The low end was tight and not sharpness to the highs. Very light in weight and comfortable. The cable was uh... Felt too thin. Too fragile and appears to coil very easily. Very pretty tho.

I'm compiling feedback and plan on giving it another tweak. Glad to hear the prototype was damn close, though. That's always music to my ears.

Cable was a Linum BaX. They are strong AF and yes, extremely thin. I love the Linum series.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 16
I got you Craig.

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #14 of 16
Thanks for the pics!

Looks like a lot of great gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back