Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet - November 15th - Stamford Sheraton - Stamford, CT
Nov 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #197 of 257
I might be able to make it, so you can add me to the list. I probably won't know for sure until that morning.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #198 of 257

It would be nice to finally see and hear the Thunderpants.  My attempts to acquire my own pair failed...

I somehow got lucky. The group buy was already in effect and I still was able to buy a pair. Communication with Smeggy was spotty and I was really nervous I wouldn't get them. In the end I got them. They aren't perfect by any means, but they surely have some nice bass slam. I'll be sure to bring 'em for you to try out.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #199 of 257
I found my 4 pin XLR end, so that means all my headphones with balanced cables will work on the Woo WA22 that's coming.  That includes:

Senn HD25ii Adidas
Beyer DT1350
Senn HD650
Lawton/Fostex TH600 (LA600)

And they're all coming

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #200 of 257
Lawton does mods to TH600? I didn't know that, I thought thought they only did Denon

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #201 of 257
Lawton does mods to TH600? I didn't know that, I thought thought they only did Denon

He did the Denon headphones that were made by Fostex, and I'm sure he'll still do them.  But to keep with the times, he now does the TH900/TH600s...

http://www.lawtonaudio.com/

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #202 of 257
So if we can pull this together we might be able to have Alex Cavalli send out an Liquid Gold.

Here's the catch... we need a high end DAC with balanced outputs and a Laptop with hi rez FLAC. Plus balanced headphones of the HD800, LCD2/3, Alpha Primes/Dogs, Summit-Fi variety. Thus far we haven't been able to meet the required needs. I'm sure we can acquire an extra laptop with FLAC and balanced phones. The trick is getting a really nice high end DAC. Think something that would be comparable to the Resolution Audio Cantata DAC...

So my question to my fellow Head-Fiers... Is this worth going after?

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #203 of 257
Hi guys,

I'm not sure I can make it yet. I'm currently looking into rental cars to just drive out there. If anyone is coming from VT or NH, pm me and we can organize a ride (I'll help with the gas of course).

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #204 of 257
  So if we can pull this together we might be able to have Alex Cavalli send out an Liquid Gold.

Here's the catch... we need a high end DAC with balanced outputs and a Laptop with hi rez FLAC. Plus balanced headphones of the HD800, LCD2/3, Alpha Primes/Dogs, Summit-Fi variety. Thus far we haven't been able to meet the required needs. I'm sure we can acquire an extra laptop with FLAC and balanced phones. The trick is getting a really nice high end DAC. Think something that would be comparable to the Resolution Audio Cantata DAC...

So my question to my fellow Head-Fiers... Is this worth going after?

Isn't Dan (Mr Speakers) bringing some Cavalli gear?  You might want to check with him...

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #205 of 257
He is. Just the Liquid Glass and Liquid Crimson. I'm going for the Gold. :wink:

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #207 of 257
Well that's a bummer. I had reached out a few days ago via email. Never heard back. Maybe next time.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #210 of 257
Ah  Dean was so looking forward to seeing you. I  have Moon Audio permission to bring the Inspire iHA-1 Had design tube amp to the meet and will also have the Hugo and AK240 as the source and will be there in the morning early and have to leave at 1pM bit will also have the AKG K812- Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back