Official NYC Meet Sat June 2nd 2012
May 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #211 of 427
Quote:
Reading about some of the gear that is being brought I am having second thoughts about bringing my very modest system. 

Modest systems are good,you can compare how it sounds to referance systems & see what the point of deminishing returns is all about.

May 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #212 of 427
Quote:
cat6man , BTW, what are you doing with a TacT RCS2.2XP in a headphone system?  Nice piece of kit, no doubt, but I don't see the point in this application.

I have only 1 system and the TACT unit feeds my VTL/B&W speaker system as well, via coax out of DAC, while the balanced out of DAC feeds the Stax.
When listening to headphones, the TACT is in bypass mode.  I really need the TACT for my speaker system since I am very constrained with where I can put them
(i.e. the speakers are close to back wall on either side of the fireplace............no option to place them differently to get decent imaging, so the TACT is a miraculous solution).

May 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #213 of 427
Quote:
Reading about some of the gear that is being brought I am having second thoughts about bringing my very modest system. 

worry not..........my first meet I brought an ipod feeding a $99 ipure i-20 as dac, feeding my headphone rig.  bring it if you can.

May 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #215 of 427
May 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #216 of 427
Quote:
Also, anyone got a pair of thunderpants to bring? I wanna take a listen. and if someone also has a DigiZoid ZO2 like me then you should bring it. I wanna try the double ZO2 thing. probably would be killer on the Thunderpants if anyone brings them lets us try it....

I'll be bringing a pair of Thunderpants along with a Cavalli Compact Tube Hybrid and Gamma-2 DAC. Also have a few other goodies... Ohrenholz mahogany Magnum v4s and maybe an O2. And if I can get my act together... "The Wire" amp to compare to the O2.

May 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #217 of 427
Quote:
I plan to attend.  Will bring my Burson, Mad Dogs, LCD2 and maybe Senn 650.  Also a couple of fun portable amps.

Awesome, I always wanted to hear an HD650. Hear it pairs great with my D1.

May 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #218 of 427
If I bring a plastic sword can i call upon your thunderpants like I was in thundercats? 
Quote:
I'll be bringing a pair of Thunderpants along with a Cavalli Compact Tube Hybrid and Gamma-2 DAC. Also have a few other goodies... Ohrenholz mahogany Magnum v4s and maybe an O2. And if I can get my act together... "The Wire" amp to compare to the O2.

I am very excited about this. Any chance if we have two ZO2's that we can bi-amp them?

May 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #219 of 427
Quote:
Mike here representing Ultimate Ears. We'll be here. With some surprises.

Would you all like me to schedule an audiologist to stop by for a few hours? It's all the same to us - we're happy to just hang out, listen, talk and trade stories but if there is demand from the community and if anyone would like to pick up some new custom monitors (with a show discount of course) then we'll have an audiologist on site to take free impressions.

Hi Mike,

I'm interested. let me know if you gonna make it.

BYE

May 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #220 of 427
Count me in. Can't wait to hear my HD650 cans on an amp other that the Fiio E9. 

May 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #222 of 427
Very stoked that InnerFidelity is going to be making it to this meet!  

May 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #223 of 427
Quote:
Could a "guest" be added to my name on this list?  A friend may be in attendance (visiting the area from Boston) but is not a head-fier.  Thank you!

I am only putting members names on the list but all quests are welcome read 2nd post.

May 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #224 of 427
May 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #225 of 427
Due to a change in plans it looks like I might be able to make it after all. I'll let you know when I have things finalized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back