Official NYC Meet Sat June 2nd 2012
Mar 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #62 of 427
I may be in attendance.  I am too unsure of my schedule at this point.  However, if I do attend, I will likely bring an Audiolab 8200CDQ, Woo Audio 5-LE, BeyerDynamic T1 headphones, and a couple of sets of tubes to roll. 

I see that the Woo Audio family will likely be there.  Usually, he does not have an assembled WA5 with him at meets (he doesn't move enough of them to warrant the build for demo use), so I am thinking that my bringing the WA5-LE along will be a good idea.

Hmmm....actually, I'll shoot Jack an e-mail now and see what he may be thinking for the meet.....

Be right back....

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #63 of 427

Quote:
Hi im new to head fi but I live in nassau county and im thinking about popping by in the morning before work... but I'll think about it

You should come. Its fun in a nerdy gear-headed sort of way. 

Quote:
I may be in attendance.  I am too unsure of my schedule at this point.  However, if I do attend, I will likely bring an Audiolab 8200CDQ, Woo Audio 5-LE, BeyerDynamic T1 headphones, and a couple of sets of tubes to roll. 

I see that the Woo Audio family will likely be there.  Usually, he does not have an assembled WA5 with him at meets (he doesn't move enough of them to warrant the build for demo use), so I am thinking that my bringing the WA5-LE along will be a good idea.

ooh, I like the Woo5. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #64 of 427

Quote:

Quote:

ooh, I like the Woo5. 

So do I! 
beyersmile.png

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #65 of 427

Quote:
Hi im new to head fi but I live in nassau county and im thinking about popping by in the morning before work... but I'll think about it

Just stop by & check it out,you will be kicking yourself the next day if you don't when you see the meet impressions thread after wards.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #66 of 427
Mar 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #67 of 427
This is what I'm hoping to get to hear at the meet...

A few variations on the Magnumized Grados. I have the fully woody Ohrenholz Magnum v4s and I'd like to compare them to other Magnums. Also RS1s, RS2s, MS Pros, etc. would be great for comparisons sake.

Different variations on the T50RP mods... Thunderpants, LFF, Rastapants, etc. I have Thunderpants from Smeggy's latest run so it would be nice to compare them to what's out there.

All sorts of Orthos... you name it. Have heard LCD-2s and 3s, but not for an extended period of time. Haven't heard much more than the Thunderpants. I want to hear a fuller range of orthos.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #70 of 427
It's about a 1 1/2 hr drive for me from Central NJ.  I hope to be getting my MAD EAR+ Super II this week, so I should have it dialed in for the meet.  I can bring my RS1i and LCD 2 Rev 1.  May pick up something else between now & then.

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #72 of 427
I'm in.  

Will bring a modded Eastern Electric Minimax Tube Dac (silver internal wiring with bypassed volume control, silver RCA port, 49990 I/V stage and other op amps (2604, 797), e80cc amperex SQ, e80cc tungram and siemens "silverplate" 12au7 NOS tubes), MHDT USBridge spdif converter, a macbook pro running amarra 2.3, and a Pico Slim amp.

And a pair of JH13s that won't do anyone any good. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #73 of 427
Mike here representing Ultimate Ears. We'll be here. With some surprises.

Would you all like me to schedule an audiologist to stop by for a few hours? It's all the same to us - we're happy to just hang out, listen, talk and trade stories but if there is demand from the community and if anyone would like to pick up some new custom monitors (with a show discount of course) then we'll have an audiologist on site to take free impressions. But since she'll be coming in from Manhattan, I'd rather sort it out ahead of time for community members who are interested. Please PM me if this is something that you think you may be interested in.

Tyll - can't wait to see you and trade music! It has been way too long.

Thanks for having us. Can't wait to see everybody.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back