Official NYC Meet Sat June 2nd 2012
May 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #196 of 427
No one knows me as I have never been to one of these things and I am pretty new on HeadFi.  But I am super-excited to come and meet with you all.  

QUESTION: It seems that Justin (HeadAmp) is bringing his amps and Stax SR-009s.  So is there any point to me bringing my KGSS and SR-009s or would that be overkill?  Also, if there is any interest, I can bring my Smyth Realizer... though, without a real stereo/surround speaker system in the room, I am not too sure that there would be much point since no one could get measured.  Since this is my first time, suggestions and advice would be most welcome.  Looking forward to seeing you all there!

May 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #197 of 427
@KingLocal It's gonna be my first meet two. Sounds like you've invested more money than me though, but then again, i am more of a portable audiophile in the making. 

I'm just hoping to really get a taste of the sounds of headphones not using dynamic drivers, as that is almost exclusively what I have heard throughout my entire life. Should be a fun time. Also, anyone got a pair of thunderpants to bring? I wanna take a listen. and if someone also has a DigiZoid ZO2 like me then you should bring it. I wanna try the double ZO2 thing. probably would be killer on the Thunderpants if anyone brings them lets us try it....

May 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #198 of 427
Quote:
if you haven't been to a meet before, check out our Meet FAQ

Quote:
No one knows me as I have never been to one of these things and I am pretty new on HeadFi.  But I am super-excited to come and meet with you all.  

QUESTION: It seems that Justin (HeadAmp) is bringing his amps and Stax SR-009s.  So is there any point to me bringing my KGSS and SR-009s or would that be overkill?  Also, if there is any interest, I can bring my Smyth Realizer... though, without a real stereo/surround speaker system in the room, I am not too sure that there would be much point since no one could get measured.  Since this is my first time, suggestions and advice would be most welcome.  Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Bring your KGSS & 009s,Leave the smyth Realizer at home. Click On Meet FaQ

May 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #199 of 427
Quote:

Bring your KGSS & 009s,Leave the smyth Realizer at home. Click On Meet FaQ

How do i get one of those problem solved shirts? and also, The gear wanted dead or alive section, Is anyone bringing any HifiMan headphones? I wanna see how they sound.

May 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #200 of 427
Quote:

Yes please!

I would love to see the realizer at a meet.  I understand that they are calibrated for your ears, but I think it would be fascinating to hear w/ and w/o realizer.
What system did you use for your personal calibration?

May 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #201 of 427
kenman345: thanks for the FAQ heads up.  I can bring a power-strip!

Quote:

Yes please!

I would love to see the realizer at a meet.  I understand that they are calibrated for your ears, but I think it would be fascinating to hear w/ and w/o realizer.
What system did you use for your personal calibration?

I am buying the Realizer in two weeks... just in time for the show, though that was not planned!  I'd buy sooner, but Sensorum AV, the local dealer, is going to be out of town for a spell... so I have not calibrated it on anything yet (but I have a few tricks waiting up my sleeve, I think).  To be honest, I thought it would be a gimmicky toy but then I went and heard it at Smyth HQ in California  and it was mind-blowing (calibrated for MY ears though).  I can hardly wait to get it into my rig.  I'm having a flight case built for the Realizer, KGSS and 009s, so I can easily bring it but, if kenman345 is right and it is not so hot for this venue, I can just leave it in the case, no big deal. 

May 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #203 of 427
With the realizer...

Since we're all in the same room, I mean, the only way this works is with headphones and people being quiet. So, the realizer is a headphone system, but what do you have to show off? You can show off how yours sounds. It might even be pretty interesting if you have a lot of different systems programmed so people can really hear what it can do. But you really won't get a chance to set it up. With just one system programmed into it... Well, I think it's pretty good on its own, but it's a difficult call.

May 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #205 of 427
I plan to attend.  Will bring my Burson, Mad Dogs, LCD2 and maybe Senn 650.  Also a couple of fun portable amps.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 6, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #206 of 427
Quote:
How do i get one of those problem solved shirts?

a quick search turned up this, although i'm sure if you poke around you could find other options:

http://www.planetarybargains.com/Problem%20Solved%20Shirt%20Light%20Blue.php

May 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #207 of 427
Reading about some of the gear that is being brought I am having second thoughts about bringing my very modest system. 

May 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #208 of 427
Reading about some of the gear that is being brought I am having second thoughts about bringing my very modest system. 

Go ahead and do it. Not all of us can afford BHSEs and SR-009s and might like to hear something we would actually buy.

May 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #209 of 427
I too have had this feeling, but i will still be bringing what I can. I should hopefully receive all my Chris_Himself cables and be able to let people use them on IEM's and the LOD's. Might even be looking to sell one of the LOD's (Got an extra one)
Quote:

Go ahead and do it. Not all of us can afford BHSEs and SR-009s and might like to hear something we would actually buy.

May 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #210 of 427
Quote:

How do i get one of those problem solved shirts? and also, The gear wanted dead or alive section, Is anyone bringing any HifiMan headphones? I wanna see how they sound.

Fang from Headirect(HifiMan) will be in attendance as a vendor I am sure he will bring some Headphones
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back