Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21st
Mar 20, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #466 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ yes. bring one if not too much trouble. i have a few grados and may want to get boxes for them.

thanks,

david

I will stuff the GS1000 prototype in one of them & bring it with me.
icon10.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #467 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If FedEx delivers, the Blue Hawaii SE electrostatic amp will be at tomorrow's meet along with Sony's new SACD player

eek.gif

omg! that would be awesome.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #468 of 507
Nate, will you be bringing any goodies from Headroom? i'd really like to hear their new max desktop balanced amp. also looking fwd to your menace and other goodies.

i'll be bringing a few things, beyond the previously mentioned pf-1s, including an audiophile friend, and a few cans probably including balanced, recabled denon 2000s, balanced rs-1s, fat pipe cabled balanced k701s, mebbe my recabled gs1000s and some k2xx akgs, and a gilmore v2 se amp.

i'd like to set up between nikongod and dave-the-rave and possibly share sources with them though i can bring a portable sony, and an imod.

i can also bring some stuff that might be purchased such as AT a900s, AT esw9s, senn 600s (various cables available), akg k601, 701, 240/260/280 if any one is interested. also, if you want to purchase (no longer mine, but still in my possession (selling it for new owner)) a beautiful ps audio gcha i'll bring it along. please contact me if any of these goodies is of interest.

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #469 of 507
because of the additional space, i can bring my KGSS + O2 along with my B52, but I only have one pair of XLR interconnects.

if someone has an extra XLR IC, please post here. i only plan to bring the KGSS if someone posts.

thanks and sorry for the short notice.

david

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #470 of 507
Someone mentioned bringing an iRiver player as a source. I'm not sure if we are still short of sources but I have a SlimX 550 CD player that has optical out. I can bring it if it's needed.

Depending on how I configure my setup I might be able to accomodate an additional amp. I have the SACDMods Sony NS755V as a transport feeding the Ack dAck 2.0, but the analog out isn't too bad, especially if you have SACDs. I can also loop out from the SRM 1/MKII or Little Dot MKIII, although in the case of the latter, it would be using the Little Dot as a pre-amp.

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #471 of 507
as far as having 2 rooms goes, given the size of the crowd we'll probably be more comfortable with this arrangement. i think if we mix different folks - mots, high-enders, not-so-high-enders - into both rooms it'll keep a good flow between them. do they have a bigger room available for a reasonable cost that would allow us more elbow room and to keep us all in one place?

also, can someone bring ps-1s to the meet?

Yikes, i just saw your post about your dad. i hope that he's comfortable and that you, he, and the rest of your family are doing okay. of course we understand if you can't make it. the meet, and especially the 'silent'
tongue.gif
auction, won't be the same without you.

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #472 of 507
Hi All, I was really looking forward to the meet, but I'm really bogged down with work and I'm going to have to pass this time. Sounds like it will be a great one. Maybe next time.

Mar 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #473 of 507
2 rooms, 25 feet apart, with equal amounts of people/gear, with staggered "Zen" times. MOT's in both, Hi/mid/low/portable-fi placed randomly in both. Catch as catch can.

Zen Time schedule:

Annex room: 12-1
Salon D: 1-2

Silent Auction time 3 o'clock

Fun time 'Til we pass out!

Bros and bro-ettes. Please help the cause by setting up in both rooms. If everyone that says they are coming, comes, we will have close to 90 people.

For those who are just plain silly and don't tell Eric (upstateguy) to make them a tag, I will have generic, ugly ones. In this crowd, we need names on the faces.

Also please sign in at the door, so I have a factual count of "who/what/where/ and when".

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #474 of 507
Gah, I wanna be there but I can't! This is the same date as a family gathering in Jersey with my girlfriend's folks.

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #475 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
because of the additional space, i can bring my KGSS + O2 along with my B52, but I only have one pair of XLR interconnects.

if someone has an extra XLR IC, please post here. i only plan to bring the KGSS if someone posts.

thanks and sorry for the short notice.

david

\

David,

I got you covered and will bring an extra pair. I will be setting up in the 2nd room inside. BHSE...Nice!
I am just going to have some low end crap .........

Dan

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #477 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just lamenting the lack of Stats on the gear list and here you come with this excellent news.

As someone who got to listen to the prototype I have to say this is very exciting news.

Dont lament. Kick me. Or msg me. Otherwise I don't know who and what to put on the gear list.

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #480 of 507
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Father passed on Wednesday night ( http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/pr...e-78-a-415373/ ) and to tell the truth I don't feel like coming to a meet, so I will unfortunately be taking a pass on this meet. I hope everyone has a good time.

Ethan

Condolences. Our thoughts will be with you at the meet. See you in November, if not May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back