Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Feb 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #256 of 566
I've never been to one of these, seems like it could be fun. Live in Westfield, NJ, a bit of a trip out, but considering making it. Have some stuff I could bring, though probably others will have the same stuff...not sure how that works.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #257 of 566
Oops, never mind, didn't remember will be out of town, going to see daughter in Ithica NY, darn...

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #258 of 566
Very interesting. I think the storm kinda made things a little difficult even if someone did plan one.
Quote:
A little history of the NY meets,The first 4 NY meets where held  at Grado Labs starting in Nov 2002 in which I organized(highwaystar coorganized) ( & highwaystar organized the 2nd & 3rd with me as coorganizer)& happened 6 months apart( I organized the 4th  and last meet to be held at Grado Labs) .In 2005 it moved to the Adria(immtbiker organized) in queens  & some in Long island(I organized),A couple of meets where in Manhattan(Meech & Jahn organized) & later westchester (erikzen organized)for the fall meets for a couple of years .  In the spring of 2006 the First National meet was Held in Queens With Immbiker being the lead organizer with me,Jahn,Tyll,jpelg & erikzen being coorganizers.
Meets have been happening twice a year in the spring & fall since 2002 untill this past fall when no one stepped up to the plate to organize it.

Usually it consists of whatever the vendors donate, they should all be new items. Last year their was a iMod with LOD that went for $250.....so you can get great deals for whatever is on sale.
Quote:
Silent Auction?!? Sick! What items get out up, and how cheap?

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #259 of 566
Quote:
Oops, never mind, didn't remember will be out of town, going to see daughter in Ithica NY, darn...

Bring her along!

I brought my daughter to a meet in NJ a few years ago.  Now she has Sennheiser headphones (bought for her at last year's meet in long island) and has been buying used vinyl despite her lack of a turntable...........she is now getting me to take my old Linn Axis out of mothballs for her to use.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #261 of 566
Quote:
You don't need to bring it, but you did say you were gonna bring one or the other so i figured I should bring it to your attention

I don't mind. I don't think many have the Anedio dacs so give others a chance to try it. I'm just lazy :p

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #262 of 566
Quote:
I would like to attend this!
biggrin.gif

Added to the member list,see you there.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #263 of 566
Hey Bozebuttons, you contact ACS about maybe coming to the meet up? Not sure if their is a rule about who can be a vendor or not but they are in NY and it would be interesting to have three customs companies there. 

It would also be cool if Grado came as well. 
Quote:
Added to the member list,see you there.

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #264 of 566
Well, I figure after 10 years of hanging around here, I might as well meet a few of you.  Count me in +1.

Will be bringing whatever I've got at that time...Looks like (may change)

HE-400
LCD-2
Maverick D2
M Stage amp
Couple of portable amps
Audio gd

I'd bring TT but I'd rather not have to re-align everything.

I'll firm this list up as date approaches.  It's only 6-7 weeks away.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #265 of 566
As someone who has never been to a meet and is only starting in hi-fi (I only have a CrossFade LP for the heck of it), I am curious what it would be like, and I feel like I want to get some impressions on gear or even test my perception.  I'll see if I can make arrangements by mass transit, so I'll confirm at a later date.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #266 of 566
I forgot, I'd
I've to see a D2! I've been thinking bout buying the Maverick D2 for a while, but reviews are mixed. My e17 is too sharp, so I need new DAC. Is it worth the 2 hour drive for me? It seams like lots are coming, so I think so, but, my dad needs encouragement.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #267 of 566
It's actually really hard to get a pulse on any of this gear in large NYC meets.  Think over a hundred people in one large room, and open headphones?  Come for the fun.  The fun of heavy breathing headphone hoarders talking about something they only get to talk about twice a year.  
--
Hey, I don't see that hygiene instruction list anywhere here, what gives?  The following are not optional: showering, deodorant, brushing your teeth and if at all possible, using mouthwash, clean hair so headphones stay clean, and paying for your share of the meal at post-meet dinner.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #268 of 566
Darn, I was hoping to play a fun game of credit-card roulette. Everyone throws in their card at the beginning of the meal and every few minutes one is taken out, meaning you're safe (and likely to continue ordering). Last one left pays up big time. 
Quote:
It's actually really hard to get a pulse on any of this gear in large NYC meets.  Think over a hundred people in one large room, and open headphones?  Come for the fun.  The fun of heavy breathing headphone hoarders talking about something they only get to talk about twice a year.  
--
Hey, I don't see that hygiene instruction list anywhere here, what gives?  The following are not optional: showering, deodorant, brushing your teeth and if at all possible, using mouthwash, clean hair so headphones stay clean, and paying for your share of the meal at post-meet dinner.

I have to agree though. I think we maybe had 60 people at last years meet up and i didnt get a great listening experience with some of the open headphones people brought. The closed/generic custom models though, i did get a good sense of. We are gonna have 2 customs manufacturers and it should be an interesting opportunity to compare the two side by side almost. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #269 of 566
Quote:
Hey Bozebuttons, you contact ACS about maybe coming to the meet up? Not sure if their is a rule about who can be a vendor or not but they are in NY and it would be interesting to have three customs companies there. 

It would also be cool if Grado came as well. 

No I have not contacted ACS,they are welcome to come.John Grado does not come to meets only execption was the National in 2006 .I have invited John many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back