Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #61 of 374
Ah, too bad about the change. I won't be able to come again due to religious reasons.

Any chance of a CanJam? A two day event is the only chance for me to actually be able to visit one of these.

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #62 of 374
Hey Tom, I will try to make it, but won't know for sure until it gets closer.  Missed last years Spring meet, so want to catch this if I can.  Please add me in for now....

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #64 of 374
  Hey Tom, I will try to make it, but won't know for sure until it gets closer.  Missed last years Spring meet, so want to catch this if I can.  Please add me in for now....

Todd added to the list,Hope to see you there.

Been looking forward to a meet... lots to learn and a wallet to empty! I'll be there.

Added to the list,Bring cash for the not so silent auction!

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #66 of 374
I may make it if Todd picks me up on the way.

Twist his arm
very_evil_smiley.gif
I will add you to the list.

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #67 of 374
Definitely going to head on over! The venue is only a 15 minute or so drive away from home.

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #68 of 374
So I didn't scare you away the last time Doug?  
tongue.gif

I'm putting it in my calendar, chances are getting good.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #69 of 374
Hey NYC-area Head-fiers,

I'm planning a trip to NYC, although unfortunately not around the date of this meet. Nevertheless, I'm hoping to check out B&H, as I hear it's a pretty good store in the NYC area for head-fi stuff. Specifically, though, I'm hoping to test out different universal IEMs -- does anyone know if B&H has an area that allows testing out IEMs, or do they only have headphones on display?

(And more specifically, I'm hoping to test out the new Siren II series by Astell & Kern/JH, but I'm open to other quality IEMs as well).

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #70 of 374
They do not have an iem listening station. They do however have a good selection of headphones for testing including the HD800. Not sure what the source is though or how they're powered.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #71 of 374
  Hey NYC-area Head-fiers,

I'm planning a trip to NYC, although unfortunately not around the date of this meet. Nevertheless, I'm hoping to check out B&H, as I hear it's a pretty good store in the NYC area for head-fi stuff. Specifically, though, I'm hoping to test out different universal IEMs -- does anyone know if B&H has an area that allows testing out IEMs, or do they only have headphones on display?

(And more specifically, I'm hoping to test out the new Siren II series by Astell & Kern/JH, but I'm open to other quality IEMs as well).

Thanks!

Audio46 is the best place to go. Has pretty much everything up to the HE1000 that you can demo, absolutely fantastic for trying out headphones and IEM's.

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #72 of 374
Hmmm, hadn't heard about Audio46, have to check them out one of these days (I'm off buying stuff though, at least, that's the plan :xf_eek: )

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #73 of 374
  Hey NYC-area Head-fiers,

Thanks!

Contact Julie Glick(Musicians Hearing Solutions) she is in Manhattan,should have what you are looking for.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #74 of 374
Hey NYC-area Head-fiers,

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I tried some iems at B&H a long time ago. They definitely have a large headphone listening area, they also have another room where they'll let you hear the higher end headphones.
Audio46 is the spot though. They'll let you try all their stuff. Small shop that kinda stumble into the high end headphones business. They were a camera shop that had headphones and realized more people came in for headphones so the expanded. They still have some camera stuff though. I showed them my xdp100. They carry a lot of fiio but are waiting a bit for the x7. They knew about the kinks. I tried the westone w60s. They are supposed to get pioneer products in soon, along with a lot of other brands.

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #75 of 374
I definitely agree with everyone about Audio46. They have knowledgeable staff and will let you try all of their headphones.  They have a wide variety of over ears and IEM's.

One thing to keep in mind is that you should try to bring a source player if you can. They have the chord mojo that you can try, but they don't have an apple CCK connector if you have an iPhone. They also don't have a very strong selection of amps. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back