Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015
Apr 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #166 of 347
Any other people care to post what they're bringing to the meet?

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #167 of 347
Brought a bunch of stuff last year, but want clear hour things worked, and wound up carrying it around, some folks listened to it but never set up. Could bring: Pono, Koss ESP 950 with Stax 323b amp, Hifiman 560, CEntrance LX M8 (but don't really have a good source for it yet), have LH Geek Out SE (but would have to shlep a laptop to use it), Shure 1540(people wanted to hear this last year), FAD Hope VI, assorted iems, other assorted stuff, any thoughts or suggestions?

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #171 of 347
I keep getting super busy and missing the meets, but if I can make it I'll probably bring:

LCD-2f
Focal Spirit Pro
Modi 2 Uber
Lyr 2

If anyone is interested I could also bring:

Musical Fidelity v90 dac
RSA HR-2
ATH-M50

On a somewhat related note, has anyone else noticed that the NY Audio Show is way out in Westchester this year? It's nearly a 2 mile walk from the nearest train station, and basically no one who lives in the city has a car. Talk about inconvenient. Not to mention the show has gone from the Waldorf, to the Marriot in Brooklyn, to Westchester. Doesn't say good things about the direction the hobby is headed.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #176 of 347

Yes, Eric will have HE-1000 there. 

Will he have the bozebuttons edition
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #179 of 347
I'll be bringing the latest version (gen3) of my portable car system (fits in my car's glovebox).

2TB hard drive into an Odroid U3 running a squeezebox server, a squeezelite client and a wifi access point (all 3 from Squeezeplug freeware), then usb out to a Light Harmonix GeekOut DAC.
I'll have some Sennheiser phones but anyone is welcome to bring their own phones over to listen.

Block diagrams of the latest gen3 configuration will be available.
It would be pretty simple to adapt this to a travel configuration by adding battery USB power and you could then easily carry it all onto a plane in a small audio carry-on bag.

C U there.

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #180 of 347
  I'll be bringing the latest version (gen3) of my portable car system (fits in my car's glovebox).

2TB hard drive into an Odroid U3 running a squeezebox server, a squeezelite client and a wifi access point (all 3 from Squeezeplug freeware), then usb out to a Light Harmonix GeekOut DAC.
I'll have some Sennheiser phones but anyone is welcome to bring their own phones over to listen.

Block diagrams of the latest gen3 configuration will be available.
It would be pretty simple to adapt this to a travel configuration by adding battery USB power and you could then easily carry it all onto a plane in a small audio carry-on bag.

C U there.

Nice!
Make sure to check this out.I know I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back