Mar 30, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #166 of 177
I still have two CDs without the cases.

Steely Dan Everything Must Go
Clapton Unplugged

Open your case up and let me know who lost them

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #168 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I don't care how damn big and heavy the "Menace" is, get that amp to Can Jam!

That amp has already been to CanJam.
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry to say it won't be making a return trip to the event this year, the shipping is
eek.gif
. I'm just hopeful it's maker will be able to swing the trip!

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #169 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That amp has already been to CanJam.
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry to say it won't be making a return trip to the event this year, the shipping is
eek.gif
. I'm just hopeful it's maker will be able to swing the trip!

In that case,.. I don't care how damn big and heavy the maker is, get his(your) ass to Can Jam!
Actually, I understand completely. I wasn't able to make it to Fl. last year and that was before the whole Meltdown Thingy. Hope to see you there though.

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #171 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I discovered the SR-5NB Gold not long ago, and they rival O2s for the time they spend on my head. I've heard them described as Grado-like, which I can understand from having briefly tried HF-1s. How do they compare to the RS-1?

To my ears, the SR-5NB Gold is a more revealing, more transparent headphone. There is just something about electrostatics with small jazz ensembles and acoustic guitar that is tough to beat using dynamic headphones. That said, the RS-1 (reversed HD-414 pads w/hole)/RA-1 combo provides a richer, more lush sound, which does a wonderful job with vocals, particularly female. There is a warmth to the vocals that the Stax misses. The Stax can be almost too revealing with certain recordings. Both set-ups excel at what they do best, and that's why there is no such thing as "one headphone fits all." Just my opinion, based on my ears, of course.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #172 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have two CDs without the cases.

Steely Dan Everything Must Go
Clapton Unplugged

Open your case up and let me know who lost them

*Sheepishly raises hand*

Everything Must Go is mine.

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #173 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both set-ups excel at what they do best, and that's why there is no such thing as "one headphone fits all." Just my opinion, based on my ears, of course.
biggrin.gif

And also based on hundreds of headphones!
L3000.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #177 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are posting in the wrong thread! Post here:
And yes, Doug, same manager.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/of...5/#post6333324

aww shucks aaron. some basic esp will allow you to know 2 months ahead of time that it'll be a great meet!
ph34r.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back