Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Sep 19, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #6,436 of 10,664

Yes the 2000mAh battery fits nicely with the new iFlash-Dual, or at least it does in a Gen. 5.5 with a thick back cover, which I tested it with.

Thats Alex's battery in the pictures I posted above.

Am now very impatient for 1st October to come round.

Especially as I just broke one of my existing adaptors (my thick one that I part disassembled to make it thinner, which clearly weakened it slightly), by kneeling on the damn ipod!

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #6,437 of 10,664

Am now very impatient for 1st October to come round.

Especially as I just broke one of my existing adaptors (my thick one that I part disassembled to make it thinner, which clearly weakened it slightly), by kneeling on the damn ipod!

In my opinion, well worth the wait.

I will revise my iFlash-mSATA Gen. 5.5 to an iFlash-Dual, as I can repurpose the BP4e mSATA drive for use in my car's entertainment system and the Gen. 5.5 will gain battery life/stamina as an SDXC based unit.

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #6,439 of 10,664
Mikey,
How's the transfer speed between this and the regular one?

I found the transfer speed seemed somewhat snappier on the new Dual, and Tarkan said several of his beta testers had the same impression.

I didn't do any kind of actual scientific testing or benchmarking, just my impression, both with the Restore and with music library data writes, the Dual seems a little faster.

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #6,445 of 10,664
Kudos to Tarkan for offering these options for this hobby, although I am done upgrading for good. I have not sold a single one from my ipod collections and am still enjoy listening to them and switching from one to another. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #6,446 of 10,664
Man, now I'm torn after thinking about it.  I definitely want the dual SD adaptor, but not sure if I'll need it yet.  I am going to use my 1TB msata as a hard drive for my computer.

So now do I just continue to rock my iPod and just upgrade what's in it to a 256GB SDXC card, or do I split the money, and get a dual SD adaptor and another 128GB SD card.  If I go this route, I suppose I could go with the 2000mah battery.  The last one broke.

So many options! lol

I'm currently using my iMod as a 128GB SDXC card with a CF-SD adaptor.  problem with this is no 2000mAh, and I only have 2GB or so left on till the SD card is filled up.

I tend to go to the library, find some decent CDs and rip them in lossless format.

Now that the dual SD card adaptor is out,  I'm definitely ditching the mSata as I had some stability issues with it, and the msata drive has been sitting in a box for close to a year.  Time to brush it off and put it to use in my laptop.  Upgrade one of my drives with it.  Either my OS, or my games drive.

Plus the battery savings will be worth it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back