Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #5,643 of 10,664
I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue? I recently had my backlight on the LCD go out on my ipod 5gen. This was after I did an DIYimod on the logic board. Everything was find for 3 months, when my backlight to the LCD went out. I tried a new LCD and it was the same thing no backlight but the ipod functions fine. Just hard to see...

Do you think it the logic board? or is there some way to troubleshoot this?

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #5,644 of 10,664

How is it possible for someone to make a new backplate?  That's just not an option. 

3d printer?

Still hoping someone will eventually make a type-i cf/sdxc adaptor that can cope with more than 128gb.  That seems a more likely solution than a thicker backplate.
Is there any technical reason why a type 1 could not in principle handle larger cards?  Is it just a matter of someone actually doing it?

Apr 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #5,646 of 10,664
Hello everybody.

I have 6th gen 80gb (slim) iPod, and would like to repalce the dead HDD. I know 128GB is my limitation. 
Would You recommend the Tarkan bundle (with Kingston UHS-1) or a ZIF SSD (KingSpec)? Keep in mind that I'd rather not replace anything else in my iPod. 
I guess runtime would be longer with the SDXC method, but I've bumped into several comments saying the flash bundle is too thick for the slim iPod.

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #5,647 of 10,664
  Hello everybody.

I have 6th gen 80gb (slim) iPod, and would like to repalce the dead HDD. I know 128GB is my limitation. 
Would You recommend the Tarkan bundle (with Kingston UHS-1) or a ZIF SSD (KingSpec)? Keep in mind that I'd rather not replace anything else in my iPod. 
I guess runtime would be longer with the SDXC method, but I've bumped into several comments saying the flash bundle is too thick for the slim iPod.

The Tarkan SDXC adapter and car will fit just fine.

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #5,648 of 10,664
I actually never heard or seen a KingSpec SSD ZIF drive so I can't say which one would be better.  Looks like they go for 100 bucks, 256GB mSATA drives and SDXC cards go for around the same.  ZIF SSD seem to be a bit more expensive. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #5,651 of 10,664
hi guys.
i have a question about Rockbox features.

usually when i used my ipod on the apple firmware, i would put my songs all on shuffle and play through them since my collection is huge.
whenever i found a song that i liked i would rate it 5 stars and keep doing that. eventually i hoped to rate all of the best songs in my collection and make a huge "Best Of" playlist by sorting the highest rated songs on iTunes and creating a playlist.

what would be the best way to do this on Rockbox?

i am having a very hard time creating any kind of playlist and adding songs to it properly. whenever i insert the song it doesn't go in the playlist i created...

also is there a way to see which songs are highest rated and to create a playlist based on just those songs?

thanks!

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #5,653 of 10,664
Apr 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #5,654 of 10,664
thanks! i actually sifted through his post history and located it myself, but i really appreciate it.

this back panel will also fit a 5G, yes? sorry, i know that's a Q that's been answered many times before.
redface.gif

yes, it will fit 5th gen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back