Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Feb 7, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #4,967 of 10,664
i have gotten a few really good deals on ebay and craigslist i now have 3 7th gen ipods lol and 1 5th gen ipod 32gb, i pretty much just pick them up when i see them for a deal just to have them haha.

when i seen them for how ,much they are going for on ebay and craigslist its insane. i dont really get why they are so popular now?
One 7th gen pop up on Craigslist today, I am picking it up for $60. Don't need it but I will... eventually. xD

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,970 of 10,664
Hi

Question about album artwork and rockbox on the ipods if that's ok.  If I used Itunes in the past to fix artwork will that show up ok on the ipod? Or will I have to redo all the artwork on scratch to embed the files?  Reason I'm asking is that I'm having a hard time identifiying which cd's do and don't have the artwork in the right format.  Some show up and some don't.  Also is there a quick way of doing it or is it a case of album by album?   Using mp3tag.

Thanks

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #4,971 of 10,664
So I now have what looks like a good condition 2nd generation mini.  I installed Rockbox on it.  It plays flac files for about 6 seconds then shuts down.

Is this a Rockbox issue, or is there potentially a problem with the mini?  It shows about 70% charge. 

I tried Ipodpatcher, and that did not help.

I was under the impression that Rockbox was now stable on the mini second generation.

I am reluctant to modify this unit if it has problems.  The idea was to add a 256gb card to the unit.  I am a flac user and do not want to use alac. Plus it appears that these units have limitations on number of files under the standard IOS.

Should I have purchased a first generation machine instead?

Thank you for your input.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #4,972 of 10,664
  So I now have what looks like a good condition 2nd generation mini.  I installed Rockbox on it.  It plays flac files for about 6 seconds then shuts down.

Is this a Rockbox issue, or is there potentially a problem with the mini?  It shows about 70% charge. 

How are your flac files encoded? 16 or 24 bit? frequency?

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #4,973 of 10,664

I tried Ipodpatcher, and that did not help.

I was under the impression that Rockbox was now stable on the mini second generation.

I am reluctant to modify this unit if it has problems.  The idea was to add a 256gb card to the unit.  I am a flac user and do not want to use alac. Plus it appears that these units have limitations on number of files under the standard IOS.

Should I have purchased a first generation machine instead?

Thank you for your input.

I have no issues with rockbox on my 2nd gen mini.  Perhaps you need a new battery in there first.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #4,975 of 10,664
Hi

Question about album artwork and rockbox on the ipods if that's ok.  If I used Itunes in the past to fix artwork will that show up ok on the ipod? Or will I have to redo all the artwork on scratch to embed the files?  Reason I'm asking is that I'm having a hard time identifiying which cd's do and don't have the artwork in the right format.  Some show up and some don't.  Also is there a quick way of doing it or is it a case of album by album?   Using mp3tag.

Thanks
I always do it album by album, choosing pictures not smaller than 500 x 500 so they look good (perfect) and I use mp3tag

I really don't know of any program that can efficiently do the tagging without messing something.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #4,976 of 10,664
  Hi

Thanks

I use http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15953/id3mod and go album by album.  

On a side note does anyone know of a good FLAC ripper? I bought imTOO converter last night and it sucks.  I use OSX but have VM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back