Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread
Oct 7, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #3,691 of 10,664
Gotcha. Thanks so much. That's a huge help!

Finally got it done
biggrin.gif

Now to start ripping tons of CDs in FLAC and ALAC.
biggrin.gif
and put a 2000mAh battery in as well.

vygapu6a.jpg

1TB...Because.... Why not??
tongue.gif

I would rip everything in WAV so the drive can be filled more quickly so you can move to next terapod. :)

Personally, my ears tell me to go for the WAV's. I know it's been debated for decades whether there is any audible difference even between the 320kbps and FLAC.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #3,692 of 10,664
Computer will not read chip and insist on reformat.

So is the following conclusion correct?

If you wanna load an msata (doesn't matter if crucial, bp4, samsung) externaly....you have to have the video 5.0g and NOT the 5.5 ?

Today I did observe the tarkan msata adapter. I was thinking to apply a thermal pad ON the adapter to fill the 1-2mm "space" between the adapter and the msata-card. would that be an idea or toootal nonsense? 

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #3,693 of 10,664
Personally I just put a little pressure on the clips so that it pressed them down, now my msata card sits flush against my Tarken adaptor.

BTW, I'm really impressed with the quality of Tarkens adaptors. I've never seen anything done with that much detail. That guy does not cut corners.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #3,694 of 10,664
Personally I just put a little pressure on the clips so that it pressed them down, now my msata card sits flush against my Tarken adaptor.

BTW, I'm really impressed with the quality of Tarkens adaptors. I've never seen anything done with that much detail. That guy does not cut corners.

Did you make that iPod Classic with the clear cover? 

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #3,695 of 10,664
Yea that's mine. It's an iPod 5th generation aka iPod Video. So I don't believe that clear faceplate fits the IPod classic. I think I may have got it from www.rapidrepair.com or something. Called an iVue faceplate.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #3,696 of 10,664
Yea that's mine. It's an iPod 5th generation aka iPod Video. So I don't believe that clear faceplate fits the IPod classic. I think I may have got it from www.rapidrepair.com or something. Called an iVue faceplate.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Are you able to transform an iPod Classic with an 80gb hard drive to a 1tb SSD? 

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #3,700 of 10,664
So, another forum I spend a lot of time reading is XDA Developers forum. Mostly because I like tinkering with my phones and they are old and I haven't bothered to replace them due to a move/new job/buying a house.

But since I was pretty proud of my first Terapod, I decided to share it. Guess one of the guys wrote up a pretty short article, but still pretty cool. Maybe Apple will get wind and Bring back the Classic :p

Link to the article: http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2374591/ipod-classic-gets-new-lease-of-life-with-self-modded-1tb-version

Link to the forum post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/off-topic/1tb-ipod-t2898740/post55905007#post55905007

Later, when I get some down time. I'm going to try and consolidate a lot of the info for building a Terapod. With links to all the necessary parts. Then I can just link it to my sig for easy reference.

Oct 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #3,701 of 10,664
So, another forum I spend a lot of time reading is XDA Developers forum. Mostly because I like tinkering with my phones and they are old and I haven't bothered to replace them due to a move/new job/buying a house.

But since I was pretty proud of my first Terapod, I decided to share it. Guess one of the guys wrote up a pretty short article, but still pretty cool. Maybe Apple will get wind and Bring back the Classic
tongue.gif

Link to the article: http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2374591/ipod-classic-gets-new-lease-of-life-with-self-modded-1tb-version

Link to the forum post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/off-topic/1tb-ipod-t2898740/post55905007#post55905007

Later, when I get some down time. I'm going to try and consolidate a lot of the info for building a Terapod. With links to all the necessary parts. Then I can just link it to my sig for easy reference.

Nice one.  This bit "physical files" made me :) though!

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #3,704 of 10,664
Currently I have the TeraDIYmod loaded with 829GB's of physical files. It just feels good when you can load anything you want without thinking about the limit. :wink:

Hell Yea it does! Now if only I could add my few 96kHz and 192kHz albums! Lol I've tried before and it just pauses every few sec since the iPod can't support the files. Even Rockbox. Crazy that one song is 170+mb Lol.

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #3,705 of 10,664
  Yeah, that is exactly what I think. They must changed something which killed the compatibility for us  
frown.gif

The iPod It's loading with now issues... no "other files" :)

Hi cmarti,

1) What clear case is that? I'm assuming this is a 7gen iPod Classic with fat backplate & 2000mah battery?
2) Sound wise, is the 7gen stock or did you do a mod for better sound quality?
3) Also you show the Apple OS firmware, but do you not use the Rockbox on this?
4) Is there a quick way to try and dual boot between the two? I tried on my 7g from RB I hit Menu+Center (reboots) +Hold. I must be doing it wrong.
5) Any reason anyone would want to boot back to Apple firmware once RB is installed?

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back