Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #3,301 of 3,817
It's a little easier explaining to my friends why i might favour something because it is visually appealing. And that just makes sharing the experience so much more of a thrill. How does one best describe to someone that they are about to hear something I had never thought possible without it seeming a little over the top? Well.... it turns out I don't really need to, because 20 seconds into them listening to any song I like that's exactly what they are explaining to me :dt880smile:

let me put this way, after few years on headfi, and my wife watching me spending money on gears here and there, few days ago I asked her to sit down and listen to my new combo and she was really impressed and started to understand what a good chain of gears means. I like to ask her opinion bout stuff i buy to evaluate a non audiophile perspective, this time i saw that she was really impressed. I reached a point where i use no eq at all, so i am starting to think my user name should be changed :) , as before my only swiss army knife to fix things to my liking was trying hard with eq, finally those days are over. Now i am a purist

hifiman he1000 v2 rocks

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #3,302 of 3,817
Definitely both set ups should be amazing, but I just love my ifi pro ican amp connected to qutest, with my Hifiman HE1000V2, I really am just speechless as I have never enjoyed listening to music like in that setup, and no other headphone I own or owned compares to my current experience with my system and HE1000 V2 period. The grand big sound, the amazing tonality, and the perfect mids and highs, with a great bass in the exact amount I desire, all this finally put a stop to pursue the thought of looking for another totl headphone , so what I am doing now is just some slight upgrades here and there with rca cables and usb cables and 4pin balanced cables. Literally i am in just in awe and thankful to those 3 companies, Hifiman, Ifi, and chord for making such an amazing setup possible.
I agree that the HE1000V2 is a star performer. The only other headphones I am considering is the Empyrean, HE1000se and Ether 2.

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #3,303 of 3,817
hi there
somebody knows hot to open a ticket for a driver damaged in hifiman website?
today, for the second time in less than 2 years, the left driver stop to work
(i just swapped the cable)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #3,304 of 3,817
I'm curious, do the HE-1000 earpads have "lips" that may allow them to be stretched over say a Koss ESP950 or is it permanently attached to the mounting rings?

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #3,305 of 3,817
Nov 21, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #3,307 of 3,817
Nov 21, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3,308 of 3,817
The first test which compares HE 1000SE, Empyrean, Ether 2 and LCD 4Z. It´s in german but you can use google translate.

https://musicalhead.de/2018/11/20/megatest-der-kampf-der-magnetostaten/

Wow, thanks for this. Fantastic read! Haven’t heard the Ether 2 or Meze Empyrean yet but this review reflects my own experience between the HEKv2 and LCD4. I’m interested in hearing the Empyrean. I’m really not keen on the aesthetics of it but the description of its tonal characteristics definitely pique my interest.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #3,309 of 3,817
Question: Is a used HE1000(V1) worth getting at this point? I heard them once and loved the “soft” sound they had, but am wondering for the price if Hifiman’s newer line would be better? (Arya, Ananda, EDX V2, etc...)

I’m after that smooth nature of the headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #3,310 of 3,817
Question: Is a used HE1000(V1) worth getting at this point? I heard them once and loved the “soft” sound they had, but am wondering for the price if Hifiman’s newer line would be better? (Arya, Ananda, EDX V2, etc...)

I think yes, it is. I have the HE1000v1 and I love it because it is both capable of crisp, strong subbass and transparent clear highs. I have followed the release of the V2 and later variants with interest, but not read opinions that place the later versions that far above the V1. In fact, some still prefer the V1.

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #3,311 of 3,817

I also have the Original He-1000 and love it, but I use a pure silver aftermarket cable with it, and the effect is transformative in a very good way. I have also tried the v2 pads on it, and that too alters the flavor of the original, But to my ears, the effect is merely different, and not necessarily "better" in any objective sense. Hifiman likes to create slight variations in tunings, within the same model of cans and offer the latest ones as "improvements," often charging higher prices for those "improvements." I suppose it's all within their rights as marketers, and they'll continue to do that as long as they find consumers who will fall for those gimmicks.

To be fair, they also like to slash prices dramatically on some models, from time to time, as they have done for He-1000v1, the Edition Xv1, the He-560, etc. etc, Again marketing gimmicks! What this proves to me, ultimately is that there is really no logical connection between the prices and the sound quality of these products. The He-560 which is now priced between $249 and $349, did not sound any better when it was costing $899... You get my drift...Preferences are always subjective, so it would be ideal to always audition a can before buying if that is possible... That said, I also think one can be price-savvy, and still get to enjoy some excellent sound quality in this market... and that is probably what is important, in the end.

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #3,312 of 3,817
I ordered the HE-1000se via the upgrade program. Are there adapters from 2,5mm to 3,5mm with good quality so that i could continue to use my Wywires cable?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #3,313 of 3,817
Nov 27, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #3,314 of 3,817
Totally agree
I had the same problems for two Times in the v2.. Actually always the left
When i received the third replacement headphone, thinking That next year it Will not be under warranty, i sold it with still the smell of new leather..
It s a real pity cause i m in love with their sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back