Official HF-1 Serial Number List
Apr 18, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #31 of 263
Bumping because look what just popped up in the FS subforum! And whoever ends up buying it, let me know so I can update the list.

Still a lot to go, especially the ones from the last sale. Wonder if word got around outside of Head-Fi and people had registered just to get in on it because a) it had been many months since the last sale and because of that, word spread outside the forum, and b) coupled with Todd's site going down and the postponement of the sale, I'm theorizing several of these may be unaccounted for.

The only person out there who has the full original owner's list would be Todd since a Head-Fi name was required to place an order. At that point, we could just revise it for new owners. However, it would be unethical for him to put out the list at the risk of a customer's right to confidentiality and that's perfectly understandable.

Besides, it's more fun to try and find them all.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: Just updated pkeigs' number so #292 is accounted for (and looking to be sold actually), and #293 is unclaimed. goalie35's HF-1's have also gone to a new owner. That For Sale forum needs more patrolling here, haha!

Apr 18, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #33 of 263
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKatz
Mine are the #421s ... possibly the last HF1s ever to be sold, and I am their first and absolutely last owner
biggrin.gif

PPK: It is highly important that you realize I have not sold or modified my HF-1, nor have I acquired a second pair. My name appears on your list already and, what's more, the series number assigned is absolutely correct. Please do nothing about this as soon as possible.

Apr 18, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #35 of 263
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
PPK: It is highly important that you realize I have not sold or modified my HF-1, nor have I acquired a second pair. My name appears on your list already and, what's more, the series number assigned is absolutely correct. Please do nothing about this as soon as possible.

Done and done.
wink.gif
Also added #217, #383, #419. Thank you much!

Apr 18, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #36 of 263
Quote:

Originally Posted by portaprokid

Still a lot to go, especially the ones from the last sale. Wonder if word got around outside of Head-Fi and people had registered just to get in on it because a) it had been many months since the last sale and because of that, word spread outside the forum, and b) coupled with Todd's site going down and the postponement of the sale, I'm theorizing several of these may be unaccounted for.

The other consideration is that there were only 22 sold in the last sale, and the previous number that had been sold was 451, so the total number should have been 472 that have been officially sold through TTVJ. That leaves 8 sets that we have no data on, and no way of knowing what numbers they represent.

Also, wasn't there something in another thread regarding a certain member who has 10 HF-1's?

Chris

Apr 18, 2006 at 11:21 AM Post #37 of 263
But you're assuming #480 was the highest number made
wink.gif
Grado first stated that only enough would be produced to fill the pre-order demand, but that's obviously not true judging by the new sales batch at Todd's. I'd wager that Grado made 500 (a nice even number for a small production run) and you might see some others pop-up at the national meet. I also have a feeling that jjcha's collection is somehow related, but I've said too much already [/conspiracy theory]

Apr 18, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #38 of 263
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
But you're assuming #480 was the highest number made
wink.gif
Grado first stated that only enough would be produced to fill the pre-order demand, but that's obviously not true judging by the new sales batch at Todd's. I'd wager that Grado made 500 (a nice even number for a small production run) and you might see some others pop-up at the national meet. I also have a feeling that jjcha's collection is somehow related, but I've said too much already [/conspiracy theory]

If there's anything Todd could give us, it's how many that were officially sold. It's been about a month now and we still don't know many there really are out there. I'm assuming for the time being that the numbering is up to 480 since I haven't seen anything higher and the few owners of anything 470+ also seem to support that notion.

Apr 18, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #39 of 263
I'm number 427 if you want to add that.

But this summer they might not be staying in good old blighty and could be on their way back to the USA
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #41 of 263
Okay, my HF-1 finally arrived yesterday. I was counting days until I can post the HF-1 # here. It took longer than I thought it would. However, I'm not at home home, but studying for exams in university. Basically I won't be able to see them until all my exams end which would be on 29th. I'm going to have to get through this ordeal and then listen to the goodies as reward.

Oh, I'll ask my bro to check the serial number.

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #42 of 263
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
I wish - I ignored the tremendous chick magnet factor of owning two HF-1's (what was I thinking
eek.gif
), as portaprokid has pointed out in a previous post.

Hers's my HF-1 experience: Ordered as soon as I could from Todd's initial run - got #152. While I was waiting for those, chefguru posted #60 for sale at actual price - chefguru must be honored as a rightous Head-Fi'er (all hail chefguru - I'm serious!).

Then, when Hurricane Katrina hit (I live in FL, so know all about hurricanes), and with a Tampa meet coming last Nov, I got in a charitible mood, so made a post to auction off #152 in conjunction with the Tampa meet. I was not as noble as many others, and tried to give the proceeds to Jude for Head-Fi. Jude said, "No way, man. we don't need it." So, I gave it to a Katrina fund.

That's why:
#60- is chefguru -> agile_one

- and -

#152 is agile_one -> immtbiker

See, history can be fun and interesting
biggrin.gif

That's downright decent of you.

Apr 19, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #43 of 263
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt

eggosmile.gif
Brilliant!

Proud #11 right here and it's going nowhere! Still love it!

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #44 of 263
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni
I'm number 427 if you want to add that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kas95
i have #365

Updated! Thanks a lot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9monami
Okay, my HF-1 finally arrived yesterday. I was counting days until I can post the HF-1 # here. It took longer than I thought it would. However, I'm not at home home, but studying for exams in university. Basically I won't be able to see them until all my exams end which would be on 29th. I'm going to have to get through this ordeal and then listen to the goodies as reward.

Studying for exams here too. Good luck with them!

Apr 19, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #45 of 263
I just got a picture from my bro. The HF-1 serial number I got is

*drum roll*

Weird. I thought the last piece was 480? Maybe indeed there is 500 HF-1 in this world after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back